cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Numbering issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

We are receiving tanker material to which we give the batch number as AR/13/001 and if we received another tanker then we give the batch number as AR/13/002. But both this material are store in common storage tank which is having 100000L storage capacity.

So kindly confirm how we should manage the batch number in such senario.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Batch to batch transfer function,

Tcode MB1B with movement type 309

Former Member
0 Kudos

This process i know very well. I am waiting for some different solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow the Chemical Best Practice Scenario(Storage Tank Management)

As per the best practice you have to create a process order to mix the batches and it makes your

work more complicated.

You can refer the below link

http://help.sap.com/saap/sap_bp/BBLibrary/html/916_ERP605_EN_IN.HTM

CSN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sreenath,

This is a very lengthy and complicated process. How we can make this simple for proper identification and use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you that it is a complicated process but it is best practice.The other way is to do batch to

batch transfer and create a inspection lot for the new batch and record results(you are already aware

of this process).At one of the clients we have developed a Z transaction for batch to batch transfer

and in this screen quality parameters are also put.When this transaction is saved system will transfer

material from batch to batch and also create a inspection lot,results recording and UD are done in

the background.

CSN

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj ,

BAtch no. are used for unique identification of the materials/stock. But in your case you are mixing the batches . So I suggest you to perform batch to batch trasnfer . After mixing batch will be a new one .