cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net connector: CLR error with VS2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a proxy with VS2003 and then referenced it from a class library project using VS2005. Development was fine but problems occured when executing. Establishing connection to the SAP sistem is time consuming and i am getting the following error:

<i>The CLR has been unable to transition from COM context 0x1c1828 to COM context 0x1c1998 for 60 seconds. The thread that owns the destination context/apartment is most likely either doing a non pumping wait or processing a very long running operation without pumping Windows messages. This situation generally has a negative performance impact and may even lead to the application becoming non responsive or memory usage accumulating continually over time. To avoid this problem, all single threaded apartment (STA) threads should use pumping wait primitives (such as CoWaitForMultipleHandles) and routinely pump messages during long running operations.</i>

Once the connection is established the function call is proceeding very well.

can anybody help me?

thanks,

- ferudun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved my self

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feridun,

You have said "I have developed a proxy with VS2003 and then referenced it from a class library project using VS2005". Now, your class library is in VS2005? Or in VS2003?

I have developed some projects in VS2005 and there is no problem as you have mentioned. Can you explain what you have done step by step.

And additionally, what is you Nco version? 2.0? Or 1.1?

Best Regards

Huseyin Akturk

-

www.huseyinakturk.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

The proxy is in VS2003 and the class library is in VS2005. The problem occured during debuging.

I have solved the problem. The VS2005 supports code editing while debuging. This causes the mentioned problem since its developed with a previous version of VS. I have searched the MS related forums and find out that the debug version of the program causes problems but the release version works fine.

Anybody having the same problem may follow the links below:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=167743&SiteID=1

http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=148853

thanks,

- ferudun