cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order BOM explosion within a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem which, on the outside, seems rather simple but has caused me much grief recently.

I have a configurable material ABC which contains within its Super BOM another configurable material 123.  I have set up material ABC with the Result-Oriented Order BOM scenario.  When i simulate configuration of ABC, and I press the "Engineering" processing button, 123 shows up for lower-level value assignment.  All is good up to this point, as it works how i planned.

The problem is that when i save, no matter what i do, i cannot get 123 to show up as a sub-item of ABC in the sales order overview.  I've set the configuration profile of 123 to order BOM to allow for configuration in the same instance as ABC also.

Item category of ABC = 0002

Item category of 123 = 0004

Scenario of ABC = Order BOM, Result-Oriented, BOM Explosion Application SD01

Scenario of 123 = Order BOM, Result-Oriented, BOM Explosion Application SD01

Super BOM of ABC contains 123 and the "Sales Relevant" checkbox IS selected.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you tried the 'Sales Order (SET)' setting for 'Process' in the configuration profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Kumar -

Probably should have mentioned this, but the requirement is to use the Order BOM scenario as we have a lot of MTO scenarios that require postprocessing of configured BOMs.  I don't have a problem in using the SET scenario nor the planned/production order scenario, but neither of these will create order BOMs.

My model also has transacted sales orders against it, so modifying the profile to change the scenario is out of the question without a lot of manual work to relink all the dependencies to a new profile.

Is there any other advice you can offer?

Regards,

Michael

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I don't think you can get the sub-items back in the order in the 'Order BOM' scenario. I say that because of the following: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/0f/72e5c69d6211d190380000e8a49aad/frameset.htm.

It only mentions that the header (or root) will appear in the sales order but nothing about the sub-items.