cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unsupported class version error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have a big problem with the SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 4.0 on SAP Netweaver 2004s (double stack)

At the beginning I’ve installed the SOL on JAVA JDK 1.5 and I imported the latest support package stack for the solution manger (Stack 10 or 9).

After a while I got a problem to connect with the visual admin to the java instance (it stops at 99%). At the webblogs I found the solution to change the java sdk (1.4.2). I changed it back to 1.4.2_13 according the note 718901.

Now I am faced with a new big problem – if I try to start something, in particular \SAP Netweaver Administrator or \User Management or something else from Netweaver it got the following error message: (example for the UME)

„503 Service Unavailable – Application cannot be started. Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Exception while preparing start of application sap.com/com.sap.security.core.admin.“

In the visual administrator i found that the many of the deployed services are down. If i try to start one ot them (for a test, e. g. the \UME) i got the follwoing error message:

„Error occurred on server 36645350 during startApp sap.com/com.sap.security.core.admin : com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Exception while preparing start of application sap.com/com.sap.security.core.admin. at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepareCommon(StartTransaction.java:233) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepare(StartTransaction.java:171) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction. java:301) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.java:342) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runMe(ParallelAdapter.java:89) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter$1.run(ParallelAdapter.java:233) at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)Caused by: <b>java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError</b>: com/sap/security/core/spml/batch/bean/BatchProcessingBeanBean0_0ContainerFP (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.EJBLoader.loadLocalClass(EJBLoader.java:114) at com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.ReferencedLoader.loadClass(ReferencedLoader.java:484) at com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.ReferencedLoader.loadClass(ReferencedLoader.java:365) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.EJBAdmin.prepareLoad(EJBAdmin.java:1004) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.EJBAdmin.prepareStart(EJBAdmin.java:2443) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepareCommon(StartTransaction.java:223) ... 8 more “

In short words I got the error “Unsupported major.minor version 49.0“! I guess the system has a problem with 1.4.2 and 1.5 Java version. But JAVA 1.5 is totally deinstalled...

How can i fix this?

It seems to be that all system java souces are compiled for java 1.5 but this couldn’t be right. So it seems to be that there is a problem with the change of the java version back to 1.4.2_13.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advanced

Thomas

Message was edited by:

Thomas Wassenhoven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Great News Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by SAP Support

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I would advise to re apply the JDK from scratch, i.e. uninstalling the

1.5* and 1.4.2_13 versions completely.

Install the 1.4.2_09 from Sun and apply according to note 718901. Don't

forget to delete the instance.properties.vmprop file before restarting

the engine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny!

I the problem was solved. The reason was a java bean. It seems to be that there are components what will be compiled during deployment. I've imported Stack 10 on JAVA 1.5 after this i changed to 1.4.2. So the beans have problems.

Solution was to import the STACK again with the SDM.

JSP's are also components what will be compiled during deployment.

Best regads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for help!

Best regards

Thomas

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas

when you installed the new JDK did you delete the instance.properties.vmprop file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kenny!

Yes I did. I done it according 718901, so I deleted the instance.properties.vmprop file.