cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send message to support team directly after creation.

jenny_geister
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

after a message has been created in the satellite system we would like to get notified about it. I created an action that a message is send to the support team automatically when the support message has the user status new. The problem is that the e-mail will only be send when somebody opens the support message. This is not what we would like to have. We would like to be notified about the new message directly after it has been created. Do we have to develop a report for it or can we use an already existing job?

Thanks and kind regards,

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

You find the correct Support Team by using an action defintion which is using the rule 13200137 isn't it (based on component)?

First thing you can try is to make sure the action definition for sending the mail will be performed directly after the action definition to find the Support Team (sort order).

But this could be not the solution. The problem could be, that the Support Team is found to late when saving the message in Solution Manager. And when the Support Team is found to late, no partner is found to send the mail to.

In this case you have to find your Support Team before saving. This can be established be using the Partner Determination Procedure to find the Support Team instead of using an Action Definition. To find the Partner you have to create a new Access Sequence for finding the Partner bij Component.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Remy Piets

jenny_geister
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Remy,

thanks for your advice. I changed the sort order but this did not solve the problem. I still have to open the message and directly in that moment the e-mail to the support team will be send. But this is too late. I want the system to send the e-mail directly after the message creation.

"This can be established be using the Partner Determination Procedure to find the Support Team instead of using an Action Definition."

What Do you exactly mean with Partner Determination Procedure? At the moment I am using the rule 13200137.

Thanks and kind regard,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

Rule 13200137 is called via the Action Definition.

You have to find the Support Team without using a Action Definition.

1. Disable the action definition.

2. Transactioncode S_AEC_66000029 (partner determination procedure)

3. Find the Partner Determination Procedure you use for your Business Transaction for creating Mesages.

4. Here you find the partner functions and the way they will be found (via access sequences).

5. If you use the SAP standard Partner Roles, you see that for the partner role SLFN003 (Support Team) , no access sequence is used.

6. Transactioncode S_AEC_660000298, create for the Partnerfunction SLFN003 a new access sequence which will use the same rule 13200137.

Regards,

Remy

jenny_geister
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Remy,

we tried this but it does not work.

- we disabled the action definition

- we created a new access sequence that uses rule 13200137

- and we assigned the access sequence to the partner function

The problem was that the system did not find the support team and the sold-to-party anymore.

Maybe we have to find another solution.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jenny,

Please check note 865619 Actions should only be scheduled if status is newly set

and also the following post:

I think there is the answer to your problem by Salpi Makdessian.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jenny

Check out the following thread:

Especially the replies of Jung Yeo. I followed the mentioned procedure and have successfully done what you want to do. If you need any further help do let me know.

Regards

Bilal Nazir

bilal.nazir@gmail.com