cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text, Image Saver permission issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am trying to use Image saver action block for saving PDF documents on the server. I am getting the following error.

• Access to the file path /C:/Test.txt is not allowed

Trouble Shooting :

1)     I am logged in as Administator in SAP MII .

2)     I assigned myself as Administrator on Windows server .

3)     I have assigned SAP_XMII_DynamicQuery query to myself (based on some forums)

4)     I have assigned XMII_FileSystem_RW action to my administrator role

5)     I have tried  "C:\\Test.txt" as the path i the link editor

6)     I have tried "C://Test.txt" as the path in link editor .

Is there anything that Iam missing ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

To your problem; the given path was directly under C drive. This ussually restricted by Admin. You should have it in a folder example; C:\temp\test.txt . You should have only 1 backslash.

What Jeremy mentioned is true. it is not wise to store in external path.

0 Kudos

In addition to what Jeremy pointed out above, in MII 14.0 and Newer there is a "Default File Path" field in the MII Menu -> System Management -> System Properties page.  This path indicates the "root" of the file system where MII has access and is set to "MII" for new systems but will default to empty if it is an upgraded instance from an earlier release of MII.  For information on how this works please see this link in the help documention:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii140sp02/helpdata/en/4c/983e3a311160c4e10000000a15822d/content.htm

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh, in order for this to work you should also make sure that the Service user of Netweaver has access to the folder.

You should create a folder, go in the properties of the folder, security and add the required right to SAP Service <SID>.

As said by Jeremy, if you don't have GB of documents you should use the web folder. Also you have to be careful on clusters where you would need to have a shared folder. Side note, above GB of files, I would prefer the file system though. Documents stored in the web folder are problematic in large quantities for 12.1 early versions.

Cheers,

Arnaud

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Accessing the raw file system may be more problematic than it's worth (especially if your DEV/QA/PRD landscapes are not identical) - you're better off using the web:// prefix for the path so that your content stays within a project, and you can easily use http to access the image in a browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings All,

OK, I've come across the same need and the web:// path worked for me.

I've used this to create a PDF report kicked off by a button on a web page.

The next step I was planning on was to pass a URL back to the web page to insert into a named <a>anchor</a> tag that the user could then open/save/ignore ...

when trying to open or save from the webpage I get a 404 error but I can open from the workbench which appears to open the pdf document using the same URL as the error with a JSESSIONID...

So Guessing this might be a security issue.  Any suggestions?

Thank You

Dennis W