cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display only released documents in MM03 document-data tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is there a possibility to display only status released documents in the MM03 document tab?

I set all possible authority objects to status “FR” (released).But even in the current version view the documents which are in process are displayed in the list.

Thanks for your help

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian Weber,

You can not control like that.

If you allow to attach the DIR to any object (in your case material master) in a particular status, it'll show the document in MM03, irrespective of it's document status.

So if you want to control, do not allow, attaching DIRs until they are released. You can configure this in DMS.

Let me know the exact business requirement.

Best Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

thanks for your help. Not what I hoped to get

So I will change my workflow and attach the DIS to the material as part of the release workflow.

Best Regards,

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As far as functionality point of view this not possible. We can either display current version or all version of documents.

The pupose of this functionality in business is that suppose a design head or project manager wants to see all current version of design documents or he wants to see all versions of design documents he has both options.

You can sort documents in same screen to target and check your document. Its not good to restrict the functionality just only because user should only see released documents.

If I would have been a project manager I would definately like to see present stock of documents as I may want to see the revision history and what changes have taken place during document changes.

Even as Design head I would definetly like to see what were the version and revision and what is current status of design documents which will help him planning design project.

So I would suggest not to do any changes in the current design.

Alternatively you can develope a new program to check and see documents as you want to see.

as follows. Please check the screen shot below how design will look like

Hope this helps you to take a proper decesion.

WIth Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

That's not right. If you created a status "in process" without check box "release flag" and default version as " current version" only first version which is not approved could be seen in MM03. If you approve the first version and lets say you have another version which is not approved than you cant see the last version unless you select the "latest version" in MM03..

But there is no control for the first version. DMS does not check if it is released or not. For managing this process you should tell the client not to link it with material for the first version unless it is not released. Also It is not right for the first version to link with a SAP object which is not released..

Regards

Ömür

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Am also working on the same requirement . Shall we control by disable all version option on MM03 with help of ABAP ers .   User has to see only current version DIR but not all versions .Is the right way to control and to  display only released  documents ??

one more thing we are maintain only In work and release status for each document type.

Provide good way to achieve the requirement . 

Christian weber  : If  your requirement fulfilled  please suggest me also.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Chandu.