cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom field " Other Description" ( long text ,type string ) into BOBF

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

I need  add custom field " Other Description" ( long text ,type string ) into node incident as Description of Events ( BASIC_INFO_ALL_DESC ), i can do it? 

With BOPF Enhancement Workbench it is not possible add delegation node!?!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Massimo,

I have added a custom field in enhanced structure, and in component configuration.In testing client the field is not showing the screen, But fields are showing in the structure and and db table.

Thanks & Regards,

Vikram Polinati

former_member201354
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Massimo,

Don't go with Business Object configuration for field level property changes its not advisable .

Instead of that go with dynamic way of changing property even if its based on certain condition.

You need to enhance the BO and then create a custom determination and used the class  /BOBF/CL_LIB_H_SET_PROPERTY to change the property.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Bob.

venkat_ratnam3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi mossimo ,

I have a requirement to remove or hide  one of the radio buttons(yes,no & unknown) from the radio button group of investigation tab .

and also make a in the investigation tab and make a custom field as mandatory .

i was able to see this in the CT_FIELD Table in get data.But, when i change this values in run time in debugging to confim before  creating an enhancement for code . i see that the screen is not updated with UI elements the updated properties .

1. Does the framework reset the original values ?

Please  let me know how i can achieve this .

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

To hide/remove, you have to enhance/customize the component configuration of Investigation Tab.

There you can set the Visibility property as Not Visible for hide or Remove that field from Form UIBB schema.

To make custom field mandatory you need to go to the guided procedure of node categories of respective node. There you have to tick mandatory checkbox for that particular field.

Kindly refer following snapshot for the same.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P. Patil.

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

hi chetan,

Are you sure? the Dynpro do you post "attribute property" is read-only
To change a mandatory field should be used in the SPRO - customizing selecting "
fields control".

venkat_ratnam3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan ,

I am unable to find the right hierarchy  in the configuration .

i am working with ehss_inc_rec_oif_v3_bia_nrq_frm  

do we need to navigate from the component configuration  only ?

could not see any option for uibb schema .

Thanks ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As suggested by Chetan, you can hide/remove your unwanted fields from the component configuration itself. Enhance that particular component configurations and remove the fields.

You can also hide the same from the feeder class for that form uibb in GET_DEFINITION method, in the ct_field_usage table.

@ Massimo

The Mandatory settings can be changed from the node categories also, but the problem with them is that they cannot be handled based upon some conditions. Same thing can also achieved  from SPRO settings, but the question is Can that be controlled on some conditions?

Regards,

Sanket.

venkat_ratnam3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan ,

Where can i find this screen . we have tried similar change in our SPRO node properties but change did not reflect for us .

Thanks ,

Venkat Ratnam Naidu .

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Go to Business Object->Node Element->Click on hierarchy of respective node->Node Categories

Then Right click on Node Categories and go to Guided Procedure, click on next button five times. You will get above screen.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P. Patil.

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

I try the check box is white ,but it is READ ONLY , can not be change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massimo,

A silly doubt, are you in edit mode??

You can directly edit the standard bo by using the command debug.
After you open bo required by using /nbopf. Input the command debug, select yes n bo will be editable.

Regards,

Sanket.

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

are you serious? 

This is NOT STANDARD Enhancement !!!!

"This function is only for use of the support
team and shall not be used by development.
Please note that any change might lead to model
inconsistencies or a corrupt model and
unexpected runtime behavior. Continue?
"

this is NOT the right way, i never do .

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thanks a ton for your response I successfully added the required fields in  the BO

And ui also i want to add a new tab in the incident with title Climate Details.

And  when this tab is clicked I want to display around 4 new fields radiobutton  Yes /no for each field.Let me know ur thoughts

regards

luxmi

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

you have 2 possible routes
A simpler:
Step 1:
enter the fields in the structure Z append that you have already created of NODE BASIC_INFO_ALL

Step 2
  - Enhancement component configuration EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3 creating the new tab
  - Create a  new component configuration like EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_BINF_V_FRM, but with Feeder Class CL_EHFND_FBI_GUIBB_FORM.
  - Insert only the fields you want Z, use domain EHFND_INDICATOR.

- insert new FPM_FORM_UIBB into new custom tab

A more complicated:
Step 1:
- Use BOPF_EWB for Enhancement BO EHHSS_INCIDENT
- Create new node, but first you have to create the structure of the node and all its features
- Enter the fields in the structure

Step 2:
  - Enhancement component configuration EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3 creating the new tab
  - Create a new component configuration with as Class Feeder CL_EHFND_FBI_GUIBB_FORM and node z that you just created
  - Insert the fields of the custom node, use domain EHFND_INDICATOR..

- insert new FPM_FORM_UIBB into new custom tab

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mossimo,

million thanks i have added the fields and the tab following the first simple process.Though iam able to see the new tab and the fields in it when i execute the application EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3  i couldnt find the tab when i clicked on the incident icon in the portal. when  i added the incident number in the basic info tab i could see the same in portal . any thoughts on making the newly added tab visible in the portal???

Regards

luxmi

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

I did not understand very well:
transation NWBC:
- See field incident number in the basic info tab
- See the new custom tab "Climate Details"

from the portal:
- See field incident number in the basic info tab
- DO NOT see the new custom tab "Climate Details"

right?
what kind of Enhancement you used to make these changes?

I can not think of a reason why the change does not work.

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mossimo,

thanks for your suggestions i fixed the issue by configuring the new tab in spro as well via path spro -ehs incicdent management -general configuration -assign access level to tabs.

also in the service- report incident simplified  portal if i fill location then corresponding  location description should be filled in location description field and 2 new fields are added region and base service area for that region should automatically be filled in the base service area

automatically  pls let me know ur thoughts.

Regards

luxmi

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

I understand that you need when location is fill, location description and two custom fields are filled automatically

you have 2 possible routes
A simpler:
Enhancement component configuration:
EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_BINF_V_FRM
EHS_INC_REC_QAF_BASIC_INFO

Replace the feeder class with a custom class as a superclass that the replaced.
redefine the method get_data inserting the necessary code to extract the data, you must use the ENA class.

A blackberries complicated:
best practices, work with pdf off-line

- Use BOPF_EWB for Enhancement BO EHHSS_INCIDENT
- Create a new determination for node BASIC_INFO_ALL,event after modify, to fill automatic fields

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mossimo,

yes your understanding about the  requirement is correct .as per your suggestion i have created a new

determination for the node basic_info_all.when i put a break point in the method

/BOBF/IF_FRW_DETERMINATION~EXECUTE in the  custom  class which is generated automatically , as soon as i clicked the incident

number in the portal,the break point  is getting triggered also before save also this is getting triggered.but my requirement is

when i fill the location field using search help automatically the corresponding details should be filled in the other fields like location description.As

mentioned by you WHILE CREATING THE DETERMINATION I CHECKED AFTER MODIFY .Please let me know the detailed steps to be followed .

do i need to create an action? i want the break point to be triggered in the method as soon as the location is filled so that i can write the code

for populating description and other details.please let me know your thoughts.

thanks&regards

luxmi

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mossimo,

I have added the new field incident_severity in basic info tab in this when the option critical is selected from the search help of this field an information message should be shown .pls let me know the way to do it.Also in the new tab which I added the fields are visible but they are not enabled they are greyed out.i have written the following code but still they are not enabled pls guide .

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

i tried this but still the fields are only visible but not enabled.

loop at ct_fieldusage into lt_field usage where name = ''name of the field''.

modify ct_fieldusage from ls_field_usage transporting fixed_values fixed_values_changed mandatory visibility enable

endloop.

also changed ev_field_usage_changed = abap_true.

regards

luxmi

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

1) You must handle the event in the feeder class method process_event.

2) do you have link componet configuration in wire schema?

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mossimo,

i have added new action and linkedit with the fpm event id of the new field though i put breakpoint in process_event when i click on the search help of the new field to select the values  the breakpoint is not getting triggered in the process_event .pls let me know the detailed steps.also i want to change the logo of the incident form.pls guide

thanks in advance

luxmi

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mossimo,

thanks a lot after adding the z component configuration in the wiremodel my fields in the new tab are enabled.thanks for your inputs.

Also pls let me know the way for displaying an information message for the new field incident type in basic info tab which is added as per ur suggestion .if i select the value in the search help of this field then an information message should be displayed.   i have added a new action in the class ZCL_EHHSS_INC_BINFA_UI_FRM method PUT_ADDITIONAL_ACTIONS

and hancled the code in HANDLE_IMPLICIT_ACTIONS. did the event linkage in the component configuration for this field. but when i select the field my control is not stopping at process_event .as soon i select the field teh breakpoint in process_event should trigger but its not happening am i using a wrong feeder class?/ pls suggest

regards

luxmi

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

In the component configuration, for that F4 field you need to set event as a FBI_DEFAULT and save it.

after that on that F4, the control will automatically stop into your determination.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P. Patil.

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks chetan I will try this and let u know if I have any problem also do I need to create new determination for basic info all??

Regards

lakshmi

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I have done as mentioned above but the control is not stopping for my field when I pressed f4 help. how ever in the same uibb of basicinfo tab there is link to action translate fields

when I click that the breakpoint in the process_event is getting triggered..Please let me know if there any more suggestions from your side.

Thanks&Regards

lakshmi

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

process_event NOT triggered when pressed f4 help and open pop-up windows.

process_event triggered when change value( close  f4 help )

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks mossimo ,my requirement is when I select a value from f4 help an information message should be displayed I have linked the event  but it is not getting triggered.

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

You must trigged event " io_event->mv_event_id" in method GET_DATA. es: see filed "location" in basic_info.

message usage: mo_fpm->mo_message_manager

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Control will stop into your determination. There you can make changes then using io_read->modify you can update same.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P. Patil

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan  i have included new action in get definition method of cl*ehfnd *fbi*guibb*form

and have handle d the action in get data method of the same class now im able see the mesaage

when i enter the value and press ENTER.but iwant the event to be triggered automatically and show the message when i select the text from search help  with out pressing enter button.pls guide.

Thanks&Regards

luxmi

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

You don't need to do such things. If you have added once fields for input and description in Form UIBB, then you need to set FPM Event ID is FBI_DEFAULT (Flush Changes triggering insert/update) for input field.

After this in Guided Procedure of determination you need to check After modify setting. Then control will stop into your determination, there you can read respective value from field and for description you can determine using Get Domain Values FM, Select query etc. depend upon the scenario, you can fetch it and pass that value into respective field and update it using IO_MODIFY->UPDATE method.

refer the following snapshot for the same

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P. Patil

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for the inputs i have done as you mentioned but thisworks when we press some button or link it doesnt work for f4 help.ie the control is not going to the determination when i select f4 help and select the values. it works for send button .

Regards

luxmi

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

I already answered you.

- insert  Z action into feder class with ridefinition PUT_ADDITIONAL_ACTIONS.
- Changes component configuration by assigning to field Z action.
- Trigged event from "io_event-> mv_event_id" in
method ridefinition  GET_DATA.
- Show message
usage mo_fpm-> mo_message_manager

for esample see filed location: action "enter_loc_id"

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

hi mossimo,

thanks for the information I already have tried this way it works only when I enter the value and press ENTER on that field.may be it works when search help is populated via et_definition instead of dictionary search help.i need to check this or i may need to add zcomponent configuration into the wiring.i will check and let u know.also pls suggest some steps for this discussion

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mossimo and chetan,

please give some inputs for this AUTOMATIC NAVIGATION IN MAINTAIN RISK ASSESSMENT discussion

regards

luxmi

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

please let me know your thoughts  on this

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3518411

regards

luxmi

0 Kudos

Hi Massimo,

You can add custom field using Append structure, don't need to go to the Enhancement workbench of BOPF. For description you need to create Data Element for custom field and maintain proper text in Field Text tab of data element.

For UI, you need to enhance component configuration and add that field into respective UIBB's like Form, List etc. and make display type as Text Edit. Save that enhancement. You will get your custom field in UI with your respective description.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P. Patil

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response but,

I have tried to insert the structure field apprend, but you can not insert big fields .

I do not need a field with  label 'description'.

I need to insert a field TYPE String ( or char2000 or char3000 ) like description.

the only way I've found is to insert a node for each field.

Thanks.

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Chetan,

I also working on the same kind of requirement.

How to find the corresponding FBI configuration of particular BOPF node?

Is it every BOPF node will have FBI configuration exist?

I understand, Extension Include structure of node should be appended with new set of required fields.

What are the further steps to be done for this requirement.

Thanks,

Bharath.

0 Kudos

Dear Bharath,

You will be able to find the BO and the respective node for each particular tab by going into technical settings.

Right click ->Goto Technical settings->component configuration->feeder class parameters.

In feeder class parameters you will find the BO and Node name for that particular view.

In case of FBI views(which is combination of more than 1 nodes)

Copy the FBI view mentioned

Go to SE54 ->cluster view ->name = /BOFU/VC_FBI_V

Execute it. Search for the required FBI View.

The BO and node will be given in that.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P Patil.

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Chetan,

When i am trying to display all the FBI component configurations in the view cluster /BOFU/VC_FBI_V, I get a message 'View is obsolete' and 'You can create Webdynpro component configurations for comp /BOFU/FBI_VIEW'.

Please see the screenshot below.

I have found the BO name and node in the FBI component configuration, i can see lot of subnodes under ROOT node from T-code /BOBF/CONF_UI.

How to choose the correct node and correct BOPF in which i can write the code when i have to enhance functional logic?

See the screenshot below.

Please guide and help.

Thanks,

Bharath.

0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Though that trasaction is obsolete, you need to click on OK button because some of the FBI views are maintained there by SAP. In that FBI view you will get respective BO name and Node name. There is no other way to find out the particular node.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P Patil.

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

hi massimo,

i have the same requirement i have to add incident number in the basic info tab and also i have to rename the submit button as well please let me know the steps for this in detail.

many thanks

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

you need to do step 2

1) You must insert the field in Includes Extension:
transaction: bobf
BO: EHHSS_INCIDENT
NODE: BASIC_INFO_ALL
Strutture: INCL_EEW_EHHSS_INC_BINFA_D

create append structures ZCI ...
insert custom fields, must always begin with ZZ ....! Es: ZZINC_NUMBER

2) add custom field on webdynpro FPM
Enhancement component configuration:
EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_BINF_V_FRM
EHS_INC_REC_QAF_BASIC_INFO

------------------------

"rename the submit button" Where is it?

Create custom OTR text and then Find right component configuration of webdynpro FPM.