cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to start the ABAP workprocess table in mmc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPGurus,

I recently successfully performed kernel upgrade from 700 to 701 on SOLMAN7.0. After doing this I am not able to view any ABAP work process table on the MMC. I can see the J2EE process table all are in green. In general the disp+work.exe or Dispatcher is not able to connect to the Message server although Message Server and IGS Watchdog is in green but Dispatcher is in yellow status it says running but not connected to Message server. I am attaching the following logs. Please suggest as I have done enough R&D on this but couldn't find anything fruitfull.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It seems that you haven't uncared the kernel correct. some DB kernel files are not updated correctly.

Please try the following.

Stop all the SAP and DB process.

services.msc -> stop all the SAP and DB related services.

download the SAPEXE & SAPEXEDB and uncar it and overwrite in the exe folders.

Make a backup before changing the kernel

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal, following is the link of OSS from where I downloaded the files pls check if it is correct

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/support

My Company's Application Components" My Company's Software" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1" Entry by Component" Solution Manager ABAP Stack

if not then please send me the correct link of OSS.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try to login to service.sap.com/swdc -> support packages and patches -> A to Z index -> K -> SAP Kernel  64 bit unicode -> 701 kernel  Unicode -> Database independent -> Download the latest  SAPEXE***. SAR file. ( Check the latest patch and download it)

Please try to login to service.sap.com/swdc -> support packages and patches -> A to Z index -> K -> SAP Kernel  64 bit unicode -> 701 kernel  Unicode -> Your DB ( for example Oracle) -> Download the latest  SAPEXEDB***. SAR file. ( Check the latest patch and download it).

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal, I already tried the link said by you but couldn't find 701 kernel unicode there, following are contents available for my OSS id to the link said by you

Support Packages and Patches - K

Show/Hide Description
Support Packages and Patches - K" SAP KERNEL 64-BIT UNICODE

SAP KERNEL 64-BIT UNICODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can select SAP Kernel  7.20 64 Bit Unicode

Read the note 1636252 ...

You can also use 720 kernel for solman 7.0 with EHP1..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal, finally I was able to upgrade the kernel to 720 and now there's no issue in the mmc too I can see the ABAP and JAVA work process table.

Note:- Reason why I was not able to activate the ABAP work process table was that I selected all the files present in Database dependant and independant apart from SAPEXEDB and SAPEXE files which were not suitable for the SAP system. One should download only and only SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB files from the OSS. Rest all files example file for SAPOSCOL and others can be downloaded based on the requirement.

Thanks all for solving the issue and specially VIMAL.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pfa std_server0.out file

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Regarding your issue, can you please try to update the kernel to the latest version available in the SMP.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika