Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ECC information into PI

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to get some information from ECC into my PI system but I really don't know how should I do.

Should I create the sender with specific type?

Can you please tell me the steps to do that?

thank you in advance.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Yes this is perfectly all what I need

I wish you can help me.

Thanks.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kima,

I got an idea.

Since the file is encrypted, Let ECC pool this file and decrypt it and then get it placed in ECC application server (AL11 directory). Let PI pick this file from there and do the transformation in Message Mapping and send it to the target .

Here you will need the help of ECC-ABAPer to work on the decryption of file in ECC.

There are some FM modules which helps in decrypting the file. but sorry dont have muck knowledge of this. (Just an assumption...)

Thanks

Anand

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using sm49 to define my unix commands and I use the MF SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE_LONG to run them.

regards.

Kima

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Done

thank you Anand.

Regards

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kima,

Well you are through. I need some information..

The data available that is pooled by ECC--> How are you doing it?

Thanks

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answer.

We will do it in ECC as proposed by Anand.

Regards

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kima,

Do update me on the final result.

Regards

Anand

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Anand,

Yes I agree with you, the data could be seen via the channel monitoring but they prefer to not have a clear file transfered between ECC and PI.

I'll keep trying to convince them with this solution and in the same time look for another solution in case they'll not accept it.

I'm looking also for the way to decrypt the file via Abap.

Thank you

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Another option: Ask the ABAPer to send the file to PI through a proxy. This will avoid any comm channel and therer will be no chances of getting file visible during transfer from ECC to PI.

Thanks

Anand

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Anand,

if go with ABAP Proxy still the data is visible in ECC & PI in SXMB_moni. correct me if am wrong.

Regards,

Pavan

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pavan,

In whatever scenario you talk about the payload will always be visible into the SXI_MONITOR. You cant stop this. Encrytion is done to make sure that the data may not be seen by other during transmission and communication channel monitoring is one of the place where the payload is visible.

Using ABAP proxy will eliminate the scope of peeking at the data in between PI and ECC.

and KIMA has raised the same concern " they prefer to not have a clear file transfered between ECC and PI."

Regards

Anand

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I checked the solution proposed but it seems to be unsecure especially while sending the clear file from ECC to PI for treatment. Everyone would be able to read the data.

Can you please tell me if there is another solution from PI?

Thank you.

Kind regards

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kima,

Even if you get the message decrypted in sender communication channel it will be exposed in Channel monitoring... So what do you exactly mean by "Everyone would be able to read the data".

Keep posted about the solution...

Regards

Anand

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you anand, it seems to be a good solution.

I'll try it and let you know if it works.

best regards

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Thank you for the link.

In this link we can really see that the decryption can be done by standard PI using user-module adapter, but my problem is that I should read the decryption password from ECC.

Kind regards.

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

As Raja and Anand said, I need to do that at the adapter level because PI couldn't read it.

But I really don't see how should I do.

I thought of a script to execute before treatment (with file adapter) in which the decryption will be done but I don't know hoiw to get the password.

Can you please tell me the steps to do that? I wish you can help me.

thank you in advance

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kima,

You can use adapter module for decryption the password at sender channel. Please find the links below.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0ac06cf-6ee2-2c10-df98-e17430ca5...

Thanks & regards,

Pavan

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

This is a nice blog from William but it doesnot seems to be meaningful here. As the requirement seems to be like the password has to be fetched from ECC server.

@ Kima: do update me on the solution, once you get it.

Thanks

Anand

former_member474499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raja & Baskar,

Thank you for your answers.

Here what I want to do :

Our PI system will receive an encrypted file that should be decrypted before sending the data to ECC. However, the password for the decryption is saved in ECC. So we need to get this password from ECC so as to use it while decrypting the file in PI.

I wish I was clear.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perform RFC Lookup (Standard Function of Message mapping) to fetch password information from ECC. Please find the attached blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-s...

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say this is bit complicated , because encruption and decrption happens at adapter level .

If you are performing encryption/decryption at mapping level then you can use RFC lookup.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

The requirement is like the file should be decrypted before it enters the PI it means the file needs to be decrypted while it is in the sender channel. Because the PI integration engine will not be able to read this encrypted file. I guess we may have to put on some module which will pull the password from ECC.

I dont have a solution but just wanted to put my thoughts. Correct if my understanding is incorrect.

Regards

Anand

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What information you want to pull from ECC? What you want to do with data? want to send data to other system?

As bhaskar mention there are multiple approaches to pull/push data to ECC.

IDoc

ABAP Proxy

RFC.

Give more info about your requirement , we will help you to find a right design..

Search in SCN tooo

Thank you,

Raja Sekhar

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Should I create the sender with specific type?

You can integrate ECC with PI using the following ways.  Use the sender side adapters proxy, RFC or idoc.  This way you can send the information from ECC to PI. Search SCN for these adapters sender scenarios. Also there are plenty of information/blogs in SCN for this.