cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP heuristics does not generate receipts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks -

SNP heuristics does not generate receipts though all master data settings /data in place. Pls find my findings and let me know your advise on this.

• Destination location – L1 , product – P1 with Procurement type “F- External procurement” and I run the network/location heuristics at this location.
• Source location – L2, product – P1.
• Valid PDS is available
• Valid T-lane is maintained between L2->L1 with Means of transport and duration.

However  if I manually key in “distribution Receipt – planned” as 1000 in SNP interactive planning book , I could see “purchase requisition” is getting created.

Referred thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3156569 , an OSS note 1502081 recommended , have tried that as well but currently we are on SCM 7.0 EHP2 , patch level 4 (SAPKY70204) which says this note is not releavant .

Also redetermined the LLC code via SNPLLC and executed the heuristics but still no luck.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

There are two parts to your issue: creating receipts in L1 and creating receipts in L2.

While out of the planning book, run /SAPAPO/OM17 for Product-Locations and stock.  Correct any inconsistencies.  Run /SAPAPO/TSCONS with the appropriate settings to fix the planning area.

I assume that you checked the stock in each location and that the stock level is not greater than the demand.  What does the demand and stock picture look like?

If you get a distribution receipt (pruchase req.) in L1, there should be a corresponding distribution demand in L2.  If there isn't, enter a sufficient forecast in L2 to drive the PDS to create an order. You can enter a forecast in the Product View by entering a negative number.  The procurement type should be 'E'.  Try Lot-for-lot in lot size and no minimum lot size or rounding values.  The lot size range in the PDS has to be large enough to process the demand.

Also, if there are lot-size parameters on the transportation lane, remove them and make sure the lane is not blocked.

Load all of your product-locations and run the Locations heuristic.  Let us know the results.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maclean - Thanks for your response.

1. Yes i did run all the CONS check prior, however once more i did.

2. No stock situation , but heuristic should create create receipts.

3.Sufficient Forecast is available at L2 with Procurement Type "E"

4.Yes it is Lot-For-Lot with no minum lost size and rounding values, tried this well before itself.

5.No lot-size parameters maintained in T-lane and T-lane is active.

Still no luck ,no receipts getting generated.

Also i tried to maintain PPDS settings and have run PPDS heuristics, it well works i.e PPDS heuristics generates receipts. Wondering why SNP heuristics is not working.

Cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I suggest you try something.  In the model settings, /SAPAPO/MVM, turn off the "No order w/o source-of-supply" in the SNP section.  Block your transportation lane and run heuristics.  If you still don't get a purchase req., I suggest you open a message with SAP.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maclean - Tried and no luck. However already raised OSS message with SAP and awaiting for their response.

Cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

make sure Macros in the Planning Book are Activated, specially the Projection Stock and Safety Stock macros.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rafael and All  - The OSS message which i had raised with SAP has suggested to have all the defaults macro's inn to the planning book as you commented and indeed it worked fine and im able generate the receipts now .

Cheers

Ganesh

Answers (0)