cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using roles and tabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy experts ,

For a school project i'am making program in webdynpro for a virtual company where users can log in and see all there products, where they are , and so one ... . Also i have users with a little bit more privileges and they can make products, see all the employee information like salary.

The big problem about that is how to realize the privileges. I thought to make on my main a tab strip and work with roles , user A logs in and sees only 5 tabs and user B logs in and can see 8 tabs. Is this possible ?

Also is it possible to put a tab strip on your main ,  create a couple off views and then call those views in your tabs?

Thanks a lot,

Greetings Jonas   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You link the "Visible" property of the UI element to a variable in the main view context (each UI element or group of elemets should have its own variable). Then, in the WDDoInit method, you check the user authorization and set the visibility variables accordingly. The fact that those variables are linked to the visibilty property will take care of hiding/displaying.

You do NOT code or check for specific user roles. You only perform a check against authorization objects. Then, the security role will link the authorization object to the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,Tab Strip UI element is possible. Use visibility settings based on hiding (Attribute Type: WDUI_VISIBILITY).