Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM JCo Connection takes a long time

michael_pang4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just timed the time it takes from my java application to establish a connection to MDM.

It takes 14 seconds.

catalog.Login(server,port,login,password,language,1,10,5000,"C://temp.txt");

Our J2EE server and MDM is on a separate box on the same LAN. Once the connection is established, the queries are very fast.

Is there any way to speed this up?

Cheers,

Michael.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_pang4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks heaps. I'll give it a shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I dont see any way to improve the performance of APIs for doing the same. But, what you can do is to implement the same thing via MDM Java Connector or IConnectorGatewayService. These techniques use Connection Pooling mechanism so the time of getting connection will be reduced.

What kind of application you are running, Web Dynpro / Portal Application??

Regards,

Mausam

michael_pang4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mausam,

We are trying to incorporate this into a WebDynpro application.

Cheers

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

And do you have any portal in the Landscape. If yes, then IConnectorGatewayService would be ideal else you can always use MDM Java Connector.

Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

from my experience you can try two / three things to speed up connection / login operation.

First: as Mausam suggested since you are developing application on J2EE stack - you should use MDM JCA connector (with connection pooling mechanism)

Second: each time the you trying to establish connection from java application to

MDM server using Java API - all lookup tables data will be transfered to client side (cached on the java application side). Try to reduce size of the lookup tables.

and one more thing: you can try to use MDM Java API 2

Regards, marcin