Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Help on depending input in other fields

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi folks,

how can we use f4 help like dynpro when the result of the search help depends on input fields on the screen.

how to do thtat with web dynpro?

kind regards

oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

It's similar to dynpro. Just use a structure behind your node and define the search help at the structure level. In case you would like to enable the usage of the value table defined at the domain level, just define a foreign key relation ship from the field in the structure to the value table.

Best regards,

Thomas

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

yes i did it like that but my problem is, given 2 Files CustomerNumber and CompanyCode.

When entering 0010 into Field CompanyCode and pressing search Help on CustomerNumber i want only to see customers who are in CompanyCode 0010 -> technicalle companycode is a input for the search help.

In normal dynpro this works without doing much but how to do with webDynpro or where do i make the "fault".

kind regards,

oliver

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Do you have a structure defined at the node? Is the searchhelp attached to the structure field (compared to attaching it to the data element directly)?

Best regards,

Thomas

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

i have a structure behind.

the fields with f4 help have the search-help attached at ddic-level.

f4-help works but does not take care of the input parameters in the f4-help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your structure definition, click the search help button on the desired field,

you can see the input parameters, choose there the same structure name and

fieldname for the company code on the import parameter and it's transfered

grtz

Koen

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks works perfect....!

Answers (0)