cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workprocess since 70000s running

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have a problem with my one of dialog work processes. it is showing under the column of time it is showing 70000 seconds.

for this as a brief analysis one of my friend said that it means it is in debugging state.

so my doubts here are

1. why it has gone to debugging stage?

2.how to rectify it?

thanks in advance.........

yours ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Is there a user associated to the work process? is anybody or a process working with that work process? (SM50)...If not, I would suggest you to restart the workprocess "without core", is one of the options in the Menu of SM50.

Could have been a rollback or just a process that got stack in the system. Anyway before doing that, see which program, process or user is using the work process.

Jessica.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

if the process were in debugging state, then the entry in transaction SM50 would state so. First you should check if the process still exists on OS level. If not, then there probably is another process that 'captured' the id. If the process is still there, you might want to use the command 'kill -USR2 <PID>' on the process id several times to generate a callstack in the work process trace file (on Windows, it would be 'sapntkill -USR2 <PID>'). <PID> is the process id of the work process in question. If this does not reveal anything, save the work process trace file and open a message with SAP.

Regards,

Tim