Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about spau & spdd

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sdnrs

thanks for all ur responses.

i recently applied a patch to ecc.at last it has given popups of spau & spdd.

what does it mean? why this popups are out?

do they appear when u apply any patch? or they are specific?

cheers

shabbir.

Message was edited by:

ramesh kaluri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Due to business requirements there is a need to change standard SAP repository objects time and again. Now suppose you have applied a patch and it has changed the standard object modified by you then in order to retrieve back your changes you need to use SPAU and SPDD. SPAU is for report,function module etc kind of changes and SPDD is for adjusting changes to standard SAP tables.

Please award points for useful information.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ruchit its gr8 info

now due to my application of patch , some code table data is changed .now i have to readjust it using spdd. is it ok. so who is responsible for adjusting that tables. is it a basis consultants job or job of a abaper.

thanks ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are planning to apply patches you should fallow some prerequistes.

When you are applying the patches functional ane techinical consultant must be available.

As a basis consultant we have to apply BASIS and ABAP patches.Remaining applying time you should maintain perticular patch consultant.

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Normally SPAU and SPDD needs to be done by ABAP developers because they are the ones who will make changes to standard SAP objects. They know why something has been changed. This applies when manual changes have been done.

In case application of OSS notes has made the changes you need to make sure that whosoever has made the changes he is consulted as well.

regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos