cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP not creating purchase request to date needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been dealing with SAP for a while now (just over 2 years) but have been mostly involved with the master data and am fairly new to the MRP system.

I've been having a few problems, with a few of my materials, I have a safety stock of 0, a customer order requesting delivery date of 3/1/2013, and when I use MD04, I see my purchase request scheduled to be sent out to our vendor on 4/1/2013 with a lead time of 14 days.

I'm trying to figure out the most likely suspects to check for why this purchase request is being planned for after my customer required delivery date.

Any help would be appreciated,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

Please check the Planned Delivery Time in Material master MRP2 view and the Purchasing Info Record.Also check the Purchasing process time entry in OMEW.

Add these lead times to the date on which the MRP was run;Check if there is a difference in date

Hope it helps

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far I've checked into Swetha's suggestion. OMEW is set plant wide for 3 days, which doesn't seem to be our hangup.

Looking into MRP2 I see a lead of 45 days, but using Purchase Info Records ME1M I see a planned delivery of 21 days.

This leads me to believe that when our customer order is entered, it replies back with an ATP date of roughly 45 days. Then when MRP runs, it uses the ATP date to schedule when I need to create a purchase order from the data in the Purchase Info Record. Which seems logical to me, and I've checked several other material numbers and they all seem to use the same date for MRP2 and Purchase Info Records.

I will be also be checking into your suggestion Sourabh.

Thanks again for the help.

Kevin

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Please check Planned delivery time in ECC material master and other lead times if shipment scheduling is activated.

Also check transportation lane time in APO from supplying location to reciaving location, transection code is /n/sapapo/tl1.

You should be able to find the answer.

Rgds

Sourabh