cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiselect values - component in SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible for a user to select multiple values in Basic Components of SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio; i.e, dropdown, list view, etc. filters? How can I enable selecting multiple values in a drop down or any other component filter?

User requirement is to be able to select multiple values/items from a single component to filter on selected values/items in the report.

I understand that Dimension Filter and Filter panel enables users to select multiple values to filter; but, it currently does not have an "On Select" option. The reason, I need an "On select" option is to trigger other components such as "Button" and/or enable Cascading Filters.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joachim_strehlke
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Majid,

you can build your own solution.

Insert the following components:

1. LISTBOX_1
  2. BUTTON_1
  3. BUTTON_2
  4. TEXT_1

Fill the LISTBOX with items, e.g. customers.

Script for the "Add FilterItem"-Button:

if (TEXT_1.getText() == "") {

TEXT_1.setText(LISTBOX_1.getSelectedValue());

}

else{

TEXT_1.setText(TEXT_1.getText() +

";" +LISTBOX_2.getSelectedValue());

}

Script for the "Filter"-Button:

DS_2.setFilterExt("Z_CUSTOMER", TEXT_1.getText());

TEXT_1.setText("");

After a test you can hide the text-component for the users:

TEXT_1.setVisible(false);

best regards

Joachim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen & Joachim,

Thanks for taking the time and looking in to it, really appreciate the quick feedback you both provided.

I believe the user is accustomed to input controls in webi, and is probably expecting the similar if not exact same filters. Also in their requirements, business wants up to 12 filters (most of them check boxes with one or two drop downs) and conditional formatting.

Therefore, for now I am going to use "Dimension Filter" and place a button to trigger conditional formatting after all the filters are selected.

I will try to keep you updated, for how it goes.

Thanks again for all the time and effort.

Joachim: Thanks a lot for all the images and syntax, I might not have been able to put all that together without the examples you provided. Thanks

jeroenvandera
Contributor
0 Kudos

currently you can only select one item from the basic components using getselecteditem

If you need the multiple filter to filter the datasource that in turn would repopulate listboxes etc. You could simply put a button below the filter pane with the Title "Apply filter to menu"

There you could put all the scripting to repopulate for the cascading filter functionality.