cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing issue

0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am trying to fix a Forecast KF in DP. Its structural calculation type is P(based on another kf) and time disaggregation type is P(Pro rata).

The forecast is manually entered at Brand level and in monthly buckets(We have yearly and monthly buckets).

I select a material and select details all to drill down to 10 locations in monthly buckets. When I fix the total for forecast KF, I see the lock icon but as soon as I click on save, the lock icon disappears automatically and the cell is unfixed.

The requirement is to lock the forecast totals at monthly levels and all product hierarchy levels and change the details according to the proportions entered in another KF(ex. The total  forecast for a material at 10 different locations should remain constant April 2013 and the forecast at the 10 locations should redistribute according to the proportion factors entered in another KF).

I tried time disaggregation type N and it did not work.

Any urgent responses are appreciated as we are already live. Is there any better way to configure this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunnyji,

We can save the fixing info only at detailed level.

So if your requirement is to fix the Forecast at total level and changing the details based on another keyfigure Then :

Go to detailed view of the particular material

Try fixing the forecast at total level.(The fixing icon will appear )

Don't click on save

Perform all your distribution of the key figure at detailed level (the redistribution will be performed as you wish keeping the total unchanged )

Hope this helps you,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, as fixing is not saved in the liveCache, when you save, you are actually resetting the fixed flag of that particular cell.

regards,

J.

0 Kudos

Thank you Anurag/J for ur replies..

I tested the following

I have 2 key figures -

Forecast KF - Calculation type: P(Reference KF) and P

Reference KF - Calculation type: S and P

1. I selected Material A and clicked detail all on 10 locations

2. Fixed the total cell for April on Forecast KF.

3. Made changes to the details in Reference KF.

4. Clicked in total for all locations and drilled down to 10 locations(To refresh the new proportions)

The Details of the Forecast KF are not updated with new proportions. If I save I loose the lock icon. What should i do to refresh the Forecast KF with new proportions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny Ji,

If I get you correctly then you are expecting the changes to reflect  in detailed levels of your Forecast Key figure based on the  change you made in detailed level of reference keyfigure.

If this is the case then I would say that changes will reflect in the Forecast key figure only when you make changes to the total level of Forecast key figure.

Now whenever  you try to change the total of the Forecast keyfigure then the data is disaggregated to detailed level of forecast key figure based on new proportions saved in reference keyfigure.

And if you have kept the total of Forecast Key figure fixed and  if you try to change the detailed level values then also re-distribution will happen based on new proportion maintained in your reference key figure.

Hope this is clear now.

Please share if I understood your need correctly.

Regards,

Anurag

0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

This is exactly my requirement.

My problem is that I am not able to refresh the Forecast KF details based on the proportions in the reference KF. I tried to re enter the same forecast KF total/Changed the forecast KF total/Created a refresh macro but still the forecast numbers do not get updated.

I tried to use FIX_CALC() function and still does not work. Is there any order that I am missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why do you do step 4 in your process? Just load data at total level, go to details to show both totals and details and stay there. Do your changes/fixings at any level you want (but without any more drill-downs and drill-ups) and press enter from time to time, but there is no need to go up and down. If I understand correctly, this just makes your life harder.

Please try this first (it is simpler, and there are less processes involved), and when it works, try it in a more complicated way.

best regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunnyji,

In that case please don't use the refresh as it will not re-distribute the values.

Also do not give same forecast value at total level, disaggragation is triggred only if you give a changed value to the Forecast KF total.

So try giving a different value and in this case the values will be re-distributed as per the new proportions.

Please let me know if this helps,

Regards,

Anurag

0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

The requirement is to keep the total forecast same and not to change it. Only the Forecast KF mixes(proportions) in the details should change as per the proportions given in the reference KF

Sunnyji

0 Kudos

Hi J,

I am doing step 4 to save the number I am entering in Reference KF. I am not making changes directly in the forecast KF.

I tried to to repeat steps 1-3. Still the new proportions entered in the Reference KF are not reflected in the Forecast KF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunnyji,

In this case the proportions for forecast keyfigure will not be updated automataically.

The dis aggregation/re-distribution will happen only if there is some change in total/detailed level of Forecast key figure.

Regards,

Anurag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check the following 2 points.

1. Is the key figure under consideration is fixable? If not,  make it fixable using PA administration (/sapapo/msdp_admin go to key figure tab, select details, and check Ty. column).
  2. Is the another key figure's calculation or time-based disaggregation type set as N? If yes, change it to some other appropriate type.

Thanks,
Rajesh

0 Kudos

Rajesh,

1. The forecast KF under consideration is fixable. The ty. column is F

2. The disaggregation KF calculation type is S(structural) and P(time).

The expected results are correct only at the highest Brand level in the product hierarchy and not at the lower material location level.

Sunnji

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunnyji,

You need to track how your reference key figure is being aggregated and disaggregated as it influences the actual roll-up or roll-down of your main key figure. This reference key fig should be manipulated so as to get the proper results.

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I tried with all calculation types but the aggregate number is not constant as per the requirement. It keeps re distributing.

Sunnyji