Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating BRF+ initiator Rule

pranabsingh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, 

We are implementing GRC 10.0  SP 11 using BRF+ flat rule.

However when we create custom initiator rule under process id SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST.

We are getting below error

We have followed all steps as specified in SAP documents and also activated below 3 default MSMP BC sets.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi colleen, prashanth and all gurus,

I performed all the steps, still getting error

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil

what error are you getting and what steps have you performed?

As this thread is a bit old and quite a few different people asking similar questions, you might find it easier to open a new thread and summarise what you have actually done?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi colleen,

following are the screens of my steps:

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil

I probably would put it in a custom development package

That aside, what actual error are you getting?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

step4, step5 and step6 are available in attachments.

but finally I got the result, I made one mistake, after I create "ztest4rule_app" application by brf+, I did not give the same application name in the "define msmp rule for process" (GRFNMW_DEV_RULES- tocde) under the field ( application/func. group name: ztest4rule_app).

finally I got it. thanks very much colleen.

I have small doubt here, I have given transport layer as sap while creating package. does it create any error in the next steps.

thanks very much colleen. you are the best here.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'd search for transport information to check that out

Most places I've been out always has a customer Z* namespace package to group custom developments in. Your starting to ask questions where I'd phone a friend

Cheers

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your response colleen.

I got the solution. actually I did not configure stms in the system, so I had only one transport layer that is standard sap transport layer (which is for workbench request), after I configure stms, I got z<sid> layer (which is customizing request).

thanks!

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Pranab,

Activate MSMP .. generate a version first. then come to BRF+ and create a Inititator rule

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I have found the solution, here is how it works....

When you get the error, go back to BRF+ and activate the RULE that you have created. Then again come back to the "Generate MSMP RULE" in the backend and execute the same rule id with same condition type again and you will have the solution.

Thanks and Regards

Ankit Sharma

0 Kudos

Hello Pranab,

Please use a different ID for the Application/Function Group (e.g. Z_APP01) than you use for the Initiator (ZINIT_CUST01)

To get those Data Object, Expression and Function you miss, please check the Generate Decision Table, at least Header with REQTYPE.

Check now transaction BRF+ and setup your decision table (and results).

Cheers, Ferenc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

Please provide the solution for the same as i am also getting the exact same error.

Thanks and Regards

Ankit sharma

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Pranab

Can you check if data is in the following tables

GRFNMWCNPRCS   

GRFNMWCNPRCST  

GRFNMWCNPRCTY

Also, have you completed step "Generate MSMP Process Versions"

Possibly look at the data structures and classes in table GRFNMWCNPRCTY for process type SAP_GRAC_AR

pranabsingh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen ,

I have checkd the Table

GRFNMWCNPRCS   

GRFNMWCNPRCST  

GRFNMWCNPRCTY

They have the relevant entries.

I have also completed step "Generate MSMP Process Versions"

Also the table GRFNMWCNPRCTY for process type SAP_GRAC_AR has the entries.

But i am still getting the same error.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranab

Did you got into BRF+ (or transaction FDT_WORKBENCH) first to create the Application ZINIT_CUST1 and give it a name of 'Access Request App'? You would have to do this to assign it to a transport otherwise the IMG program creates it as a local object.

I managed to replicate your error by doing the following:

1. Go to BRF+ and create a new Application

2. Application ZINIT_CUST1 is created but not activated and assign to the required development package so it can be transported later

3. Exit out of BRF+

4. Go to IMG and complete the screen you did

5. Execute

6. Get same log error as you did

Name ZINT_RULE1 has already been used

Activation error for Structure 'Result - Routing Rule'; see following messages for details

Application 'Initiatior Rule' does not have an active version

Error when generating MSMP rule of type BRFplus Flat Rule (LineItem by LineItem)/Initiator Rule for process SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQU

To fix

7. Go back to BRF+ and find the application

8. Choose Activate for the application

9. Go back to the IMG Configure and re-run

10. Log will appear and a warning message may be included to say that that ZINIT_RULE1 already been used (makes sense as you manually created it in BRF+)

It is a pity the program in IMG does not include an option to specify the development class details so you don't have to create application in BRF+ manually the first time.

If you are still having trouble, try with a different application name (check it does not exist in BRF+ first)

pranabsingh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

i am not going into BRF+ nor transaction FDT_WORKBENCH . I am going to IMG->GRC->Access control ->workflow for Access control -> Define workflow related MSMP rule.TR GRFNMW_DEV_RULES.

Even If i go to BRF+ and create application as u suggested who will i have Data object, Expression and Funtion.

Regards,

Pranab

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranab

Please check table FDT_ADMN_0000 for Object Type AP (Application) and FU (Function). See if you ZINIT_CUST01 exists already. If it does, then you will need to go to BRF+/FDT_WORKBENCH (same thing) and either activate it or delete it. If not, try a different name

In terms of knowing the values, the IMG program is doing that for you. I suspect this is based on those tables I asked you to check in previous post. I am only recommending you create an application shell of which the IMG program will update with the values

Ferenc did make a good recommendation to select the generate decision table, etc. However, you can do that manually in BRF+

BRF+ to create the shell of the application will enable you to transport it later

As mentioned, I replicated the same error as you by having an existing non-activated application which I tried to reference in the IMG program.

0 Kudos

Thanks Collen, activating Application worked for us.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

glad to hear!  Good luck with your build and implementation

Regards

Colleen

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Question - I transported my BRF+ initiator to the QA box, where the client is unmodifiable.  On looking at BRF+, the updated function is green, though that's because I had activated it at an earlier time. 

I have not yet activated my current set of changes.

As far as I know, I will have to activate my latest transport for it to take effect.

Is this correct?

If not, how can I get my updates take effect?  I tested out my changes in our dev system, so I know they work, yet in our QA system, I'm getting request submission errors due to a PATH NOT FOUND - because it seems to not know about my decision table updates.

Thanks,
Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranab,

Go to BRF+ >>Check for Access Request Approv and verify it it activated(Green). If it is not activated you may select and click edit on the center of the screen and click activate  and save it. Now go back to define work flow related MSMP rules and repeat the steps you have posted. Good luck

Teja.