cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps in System Copy(ABAP+JAVA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to perform System copy on our CRM(abap+java) system.

I have gone through the systsem copy guide and I have question regarding this.

I am following given below procedure.

1)Backup the source system

2)Run oraBRcopy on source system.

3)Run Sapinst on target system

4)Restore the backup and complete the sapinst an restart the system.

Now my quesiton is on which step I would change the SID and restore new control files  on target system.

Thanks

Sukrut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your option will work only if your system is ABAP Based ALONE..

Since your system is ABAP + JAVA, you can try the following options.

1. Export both ABAP and JAVA and import it in your target location... It is very safer method as well as your DB will be re-organized.

2.Restore only the ABAP DB and export of JAVA part and import in your target system.

Since your system also has JAVA part, you have to do only export and import of JAVA part...

Coming to your question  ====> When you execute oraBRcopy , control file will be created...Open the control file and replace the SID in it.

I am not aware of any other options.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abosolutely, if you go for a DB "Clone" procedure as above your Java instance will become unusable.

You need to follow the Homogeneous System Copy guide and export/import at least the Java instance.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukrut,

The following steps can be used to restore

1. At the first step restore, system will will recognize that the oracle SID is different on the target machine(where restore command is executed) and in backup. Also, Oracle_Home parameters in backup and in current system will be different and recognizes brrestore

All the datafiles and online redo log files(only for offline DB Backup) must be successfully restored.

2. Create CONTROLFILE creation script on the source System.

After restoring the datafiles and redolog files, a script must be preparedon a source system to create a CONTROLFILE of a target system.

#sqlplus /nolog

sqlplus>connect as sysdba

sqlplus>alter database backup controlfile to trace;

sqlplus>exit

As a result of this command, a trace file(eg. ora_1234_hvd.trc) will be created under /oracle/<SID>/saptrace/usertrace directory. file can be determined as per the modification/creation date. Most current file must be used.

COPY the CONTROL FILE to the target system.

3. Modification of CONTROLFILE script and creation of CONTROL FILE on Target System.

a. Rename the controlfile or the trace file(ora_1234_hvd.trc) ro CONTROL.SQL

b.  Open all lines using vi(unix) or NOTEPAD(NT).

c. Remove all the lines before "STARTUP MOUNT" line. Delete all commented '#' lines also remove lines after

CHARACTER SET WE8DEC;" line

d.Change source SID's to Target SID

e.Change the Line

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE 'SOURCESID' NORESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG;

to

CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE 'TARGETSID' NORESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG;

4. After the CONTROL.SQL script preparation, following commands must be executed to create CONTROLFILE of target system.

sqlplus> @CONTROL.SQL

sqlplus>exit

sqlplus> alter database open restlogs.

With the above steps you can restore control files from the target system.

Regards,

Sandeep