cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling QTP From Solman eCATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are trying to handle some tests autmatically by using QTP and doing the configuration right now.

I have a problem to call QTP from the Solman.

I installed the QTP tool (using the 1 month test licence) and made the required configurations in Solution Manager.

But when i do the steps - call transaction SECATT - open a new object - fill the required files - and then click on Script (to open QTP) - it gives me the message

"extern testingtool QUICKTEST PROFESSIONAL not installed or no licence existing"

does anybody knows a solution for this problem?

Much thanks and best regards

ersin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karlcaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have the same error - "Error During Method Call in OLE API", integrated mode is not working but standalone mode is for Solman 7.1 SP 10 and UFT 12.00. Configuration and authorization have been review again. Did we miss something? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl

WE were having problems in launching QTP in integrated mode as well, SAP provided us below advice which resollved oput issue.

could you please add the authorization authorization object S_RFC for

the function group AGS_QTP_LICENSE_CHECK

to role: SAP_ECET  which is assigned to user: ECATT_ET_USR

as mentioned in note:  # 1745282 - License check for HP QTP

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sidra Hasan

karlcaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sidra,

We were able to resolve it as well by updating ECATT_ET_USR and resetting its PW to match the original one when the user was generated. Found by debugging that the value being picked up during execution is still the old one when the user was first created.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have Solman 7.1 sp 10, and we are enterprise support customers.

We have performed all the configurations to integrate QTP with Solman, but still unable to launch HP QTP in integrated mode?

Thanks

Sidra Hasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is your solman version?

if you are in 7.1, only for enterprise customers already have 2 free qtp licenses. you have to register your HP QTP as 3rd party tool in Test automation frame work of solman 7.1

follow here https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000413702011E

if you are in 7.0 ehp1 , please follow this and verify your config

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

thank you for your reply.

yes we have the 7.1 version but without enterprise support.

and i have administrative rights but i dont have the solman_workcenter frontend (it isnt configured). yesterday i did all the steps of page 6 from your 1st link except of the 3rd step. is there another way to come to the "change view "test case type settings" " window? for example with a transaction?

thanks and regards

ersin

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Regarding License part check this

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000923732011E/

and for setting instead of workcenter

You can use transaction STWB_SET for the same its old transaction available with 7.0 Ehp1 version as well.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Prakhar,

i´m in stwb_set but i cant find there the test case types settings???

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I wrote the blogs of eCATT and QTP integration few years back but these are on lower version and achieved in a different way.

I don't think that option will be there in stwb_set but you can customize status etc here. Need to create enty for QTP in ECCUST_ET table as well.

Anyway you need to get the workcenter access that's more like a mandatory thing in Solman 7.1 to access any module like test management etc then proceed with other Test Case Type settings as well.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prakhar,

i used the blogs from you - great work.

right now i get the workcenter and i did all the steps (the 3rd step which i mentioned was - everything was already activated)- but i still get this message. could it be, because i´m using a 30 day trial version of qtp? and some weird thing is , that if qtp is running and i click the button "script" on ecatt solman closes and i have to restart solman.

i only get this message, when qtp is not running. but if its running and i try to call qtp from ecatt - solman is closing. also i saw on some pictures that there should be a hammer on the button which calls qtp from ecatt - but i also dont have this button. i just have the button "script"

regards

ersin

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well its difficult to answer without access in ur mentioned case

but just check if you have the latest version of SAP GUI client installed on your machine and scripting is enabled on Solman server

If above still not helps raise OSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

right now i installed the latest version of SAP GUI.

And now i have another error message .

If i try to call QTP - 1st it gives me the error: could not call QTP. and the 2nd error-message is: error on calling method in ole api. what does that mean?

best regards and thanks for your help

ersin