cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Movement of batch near expiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are food industry currently looking to configure the Automatic movement of batch near expiry, i am facing an issue,

I have Material 4012589 and batch : BDXX041001 which expires on 14.03.2013, I have defined the following Master data,

1) 09 inspection type in QM

2) QM Inspection interval 10 days

3) QA07 i have created a variant and included item ( Please find attachment )

4) QA05 I scheduled the Scheduled Job

But after the run the stock should ideally move to block with lot generation starting from 09 as the batch is going to get expiry in next 10 days,

can someone please help me to resolve this any setting apart from these.

and also the job is completing in 5 sec which is v short i believe, kindly help to solve this, thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sampath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Please note that inspection lot will not be generated for the batch which is going to expiry.

Activate 08 inspection type in the material master and check.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two dates are involved. You can see these in MSC3n.

Next Inspection Date

Batch Expiration Date

They are independent of each other.  The job runs in two passes.

The first pass, (if an initial run in days is specified in the lower section), runs and moves applicable batches to blocked stock or restricted batch status.

The second pass creates inspection lots (if an initial run in days is specified in the upper section).

If a batch satisfies both sections of the program, the batch will wind up in blocked stock first and so no inspection lot will be created.

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check "next inspection date" in batch master.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is "initial days run" that you have specified in the QA07 screen.I hope its is greater than 10 if inspection interval is 10 days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

I dint mention any initial run days here, but when i tried to run for this item through QA07 with the following parameters.

The above message getting generated and batch status changed but no lot created can u please suggest on these

Thanks & Regards,

Sampath

Message was edited by: sampath s

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IF you had read my earlier posting you would see that I mentioned the program runs in TWO passes.  Because the bottom section runs first, the batch is restricted.

Since the batch is restricted, the stock is no long available in unrestricted stock.

Since the program ONLY looks at unrestricted stock, when the second pass is made to create inspection lots, the stock is no longer there, hence no inspection lots.

FF