cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not get system landscape directory client (NWDS 7.3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to import Development Configurations, and the following message is appearing: "Could not get system landscape directory client". I'm sure is not an authorization issue, because I was able to do it with my user using a remote desktop of an external consultant. I've followed and installed everything included in the NWDS 7.3 installation guide. Is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks,

Raúl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDS is connecting to the SLD to retrieve the configuration of the development landscape. After that it is trying to connect to the specific components of the development landscape (CMS, DTR, ...). Check with a browser that you can connect to all involved components from your PC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Samuli! Can you please explain how I can try to connect to the involved components?

Regards,

Raúl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before I give you further advice, can you describe your landscape and your requirements? Are you using NWDI or are you using NWDS only for local development? First and most important URL to figure out is the SLD URL, you will have to maintain in NWDS. You could use the working NWDS to find it out or just ask basis or other developers. Make sure you can access the SLD from your PC with a browser. See the attached link on how to configure the SLD URL in NWDS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/49/09d759e4cf3697e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm just using NWDS for development. I already have the URL of the SLD, it's the same as the other computer, and I can access it through a browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, then you are probably looking at some other error. Do you have sufficient permissions on the PC? NWDS will create bunch of directories on your PC, especially under the local DTR client directory you have configured.

See if switching on logging in NWDS will help you identify the problem. See the attached link on how to switch on logging in NWDS.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDS+Logging+and+Tracing

Former Member
0 Kudos

The logs have the following error:

!ENTRY com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2013-03-16 11:46:29.029
!MESSAGE List Development Configurations failed      [Error: com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.sld.SldContext  Thread[ModalContext,6,main]]

!STACK 0
com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.LcrException: com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMClientException: HTTP response code: 502 (Proxy Error ( The host was not found. ))

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you can't connect to the SLD. It's a network issue, either a DNS one or a firewall/proxy one. Ask your network admin to help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you use proxy to access host with SLD installed? If not add hostname with SLD to exception list.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm using a proxy, and I have added the SLD into the hosts file.

I think is another thing besides the SLD, because in the Insfrastructure Console there's a message that says: "Logged on to system landscape directory...".

Regards,

Raúl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raúl,

did you add your SLD also to the Proxy bypass list in your NWDS?

Just go to Preferences --> General --> Network Connections.

I switched the "Active Provider" to Manual and added the SLD host to the Proxy bypass list. I added the SLD host twice, with domain and without it. Just to be sure.

After adding the host restart your NWDS and then you should be able to import the development configuration.

Best regards,

Robert

0 Kudos

finally, have you solved the problem? I have the same problem as you, could you help me? thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently, it was an access issue. The guys from IT put a parameter in the NWDS executable to run the application as another admin user. They gave me admin rights, but it wasn't working. Something strange...

Answers (0)