Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR console replication requiring large diskspace in source system

sean_collins2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading our NWDI 6.40 system and have built a new NWDI 7.0

A consultant was onsite last week and has created all the existing tracks in the new NWDI and has provided scripts to run a replication tool in the DTR console to copy from 6.40 to 7.0.

This is all working fine, except we are regularly getting replication failures with an internal 500 error. This transpires that the source 6.40 system has run out of space in the PSAPsidDB tablespace.

I have been adding additional datafiles using brtools, and restarting the replication script which runs ok for a couple of SC's then fails again with space issue.

I'm concerned as to how much space is being consumed on the source system & why?

(The consultant wasnt sure and has now left the site.)

There is plenty of disk space on the target, but 90gb left on the source and its unlikely I will be able to add more, due to cost & purchase time for an old windows 2003 server.

Any advise on running a clean up or reorganisation would be greatfully received.

Many thanks,

Sean Collins

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

what exactly are you replicating? ESS or CRM? These are really huge SCs.

What is the exact error message you face during the replication?

Did you tried the fixed version of the DTR replicator?

(I strongly recommend it to give it another try with this version)

-- DTR Console "replicate command" don't work

(see the app available in this note. No need to deploy it, just extract it and you can use it right away)

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

sean_collins2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

We are replicating the whole NWDI, so ESS & a large number of custom SC's.

The error that appeared in the spool log file was :

Error: Received "500 Internal Server Error" response for the request: EXPORT /dtr/prop/xxxxxxx.com_SC_EXPENSES 20100310111742490

After adding some more datafiles in BRTOOLS it would run for a few more SCs and then error again.

In the end I added a new sapdata5 with 30gb of datafiles on a spare drive and have completed the first full cut of replication.

Once we are ready to go live, I will be getting the developers to check everything in for the weekend and run Delta replications to bring over and further changes.

We were just surprised that it was using so much disk on the source system!

Many thanks,

Sean Collins