cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Extension EA-SCM

former_member472479
Participant
0 Kudos

Beside the SAP help-documentation and the generic OSS note I am looking for information related to the activation of Enterprise Extension EA-SCM. I need to activate the EA-SCM to enable “Dynamic Cycle Counting”.

SAP OSS note 855959

SAP Documentation http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/43/9490707a226fcde10000000a1553f6/content.htm?framese...

Is the activation of EA-SCM only an “enhancement” and will not change existing functionality / settings? If so, is it required to test (existing) functionality after the activation to make sure nothing was impacted by mistake?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add to Uwe's contribution, in my experience, the activations have no impact on existing functionality, they simply augment the SAP standard with additional features.  Be sure to use the Impact Analyzer and read the documentation for each of the switches.  His approach of activating in a Sandbox is a sound one.

The primary thing to keep in mind is that nearly all business functions, once activated, are client independent and cannot be switched back off - this is indicated by an icon on the line for each one.  In most cases this is not a problem, you just don't make use the additional functionality.

Good luck!

Regards,

Jason Kenzie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both very much for weighing in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uwe,

I am finding myself in the same situation. Have you since activated this extension?

Any comments or lessons learned?

Thanks.

~Matt

former_member472479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

in the meanwhile we actived the Enterprise Extension EA-SCM on a ECC6.0-system. We could not identify any impacts.

Our approach was to activate it first on a sandbox system and afterwards on development system to transport it through the landscape. During tests no impacts were found.

For some Enterprise Extensions (transaction SFW5) general documentation is available. There is also an "Impact Analyzer" included in transaction SFW5. After the activation you can check general logs as well. There might be some functions that can be switched off if required again but this it not prossible for all Enterprise Extensions. After the activation some OSS note might be required in addition since the Enterprise Extension is - as far as I understood - introduces in 4.7. (for instance I needed to add OSS 1905631 for Dynamic Cycle Counting functionality).

You might want to focus during testing in the area where you use own-programs (Z-programs) to make sure you will not impact something by mistake.

Regards

Uwe