Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Putaway Strategy ?

kartheek_epuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a special requirement from client requesting a solution for the following situation.

1.) Storage bin should be constrained to limited number  of pallets (each bin can allocate only certain number of pallets).

2.) Storage bin can hold mixed materials.

3.) All the materials are now assigned to same SUT (i.e IP)

What putaway strategy should be used for this kind of situation ?

when material is received into warehouse , transfer order has to be created by looking at the number of pallets available in in that particular bin. If there is no space available in that bin for this SUT , putaways strategy should suggest suitable bin .(LE quantities are maintained in WM2 view.) .

Thanks

Kartheek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos
kartheek_epuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi E L,

where can limit no.of pallets in a storage bin ?

i.e i need to limit 20 pallets in storage bin "A01", This storage type allows mixed materials in a storage bin. At the time of creation of transfer order , it should count number of pallets in that particular bin and if it goes beyond that limit, next available storage bin should be taken care off in TO.

Thanks

Kartheek

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

... that is exactly what the strategy P does. The number of sections is the number of pallets you can store. This strategy also gives you the advantage (compared to Bulk, also to any other form of capacity check) that you know where in the bin the pallet you look for is (as this is then the section).

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartheek,

You can opt for Bulk Putaway strategy.

Assign the putaway strategy to your storage type. Bulk is defined for the combination of Storage bin type and Storage unit type. Depending upon the no. of SU's a Bin can hold, you can define the bulk bin sections... suppose a bin A1 can hold 5 SU, then you can define no. of sections as 5 for A1 accordingly during the putaway the as per goods receipt the goods would be automatically placed in bins A1/1, A1/2. A1/3...

Bulk storage does allow mixed storage without any special set up. It just checks the combination of st. bin type and SU type.

Define the SU type in the WM2 view of material master. Maintain the palletization details. These would then flow into the TO automatically.

Test your set up in lower system and let us in case of any issues.

Regards,

Sushant