cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit center change in Material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While we change the Profit center in Material master system throwing error like There is still Open purchase order and scheduling agreement(Msg no:MM326) and we deleted all open purchase order for that material.Even though system showing same error message.What could be the reason

Business not agree  to change Error message to Warning message.

So anyone please give your thoughts  to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Rihana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We thoroughly checked all open purchasing order(deleted all  open PO) and no stock available  in current period as well as previous period.

So Is it required to change the Error message to Warning message in OMT4 while changing the Profit center in Material master.

Thanks,

Rihana

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rihana,

It is not recommended that you change the profit centre in the material master while stock exists for this material. It is recommended that all stock for the current and previous period is cleared off the system before making such a change. This is in order to avoid inconsistencies in your system. Please review note 1057674 which helps explain what can happen when such a change is performed.

1057674 You are not permitted to change the profit center

Please note, the system checks the stock of the current and previous period.

If you are on a later release than SAPKH60011 and note 1709285 is valid for this release, please implement it.

Regarding error MM326, please note with EhP5 an additional check for changing the profit center was introduced for purchase orders. This new check is done as the plant data already exists and you want to change the profit center from initial to the new value. It's now the same check like changing the valuation class on the accounting view. In order to change valuation class in the material master, you have to make sure that none of the following exists in your system:

1  Valuated stocks in the current period or in the previous period
2  Open purchase orders or delivery schedule lines
3  Production orders for which a goods movement has already taken place

Please read the attached note 102653.
By this correction the system checks all dependant purchase documents without delete flag and error M3368 occurs when it finds at least one not deleted po item (not only when stocks exist) !

1. First be sure that no stocks in actual AND previous period exist !
   see note 30656, with an example how to get zero stocks.
2. SE16 ->table EKPO. Select all po items of the related material.
   If you find items with LOEKZ <> 'L' you have to delete them in ME22.

3. SE16 ->table AFPO. Select all items of the related material/plant. If you find at least one item, change of val.clss. is not possible.
   You have to archive these production order(s) (see note 146241).

This hard restriction is necessary as inconsistencies in account assignment will follow after change of val.cass, when proceeding follow up functions of a PO item before and after changing valuation
class.)

So, all depending purchase order items of this material/plant have to be marked for deletion in tx ME22/ME22N, also when they are old and completely delivered and invoice check is performed.

To avoid an error message (MM326) you are able to change the customizing
settings as described in note 160970. As a possible workaround you can use this note by proceeding a warning message MM326 only. But read the instructions carefully before you
decide to apply this note.
The system checks against PO items without marks for deletion and gives error M3368.

regards

Waman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waman,

Thanks for sharing the SAP notes.I have gone through all those notes

Currently we don't have any open purchase orders and No stock available for material Current period and Previous period.Though i am not able to change Profit center in Material master.

We have activated Valuation type for the materials and Valuation class are different in case of Valuation type materials and Header materials.

Please help me how to change Profit center in Material master.

Thanks,

Rihana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above error clearly says what you need to do! Actually profit center flow from master data( material master) to any transaction you carry out.

Close all purchase order or scheduling agreement by completing all related transaction.( like  GR, Invoice and payment )  Or if business needed just put deletion flag to the line items in purchase order or scheduling agreement.

After above,you can change the profit center in material master.

I hope this helps you and let me know if any queries.

Regards,

Puri.