cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in sender file content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in SAP PI 7.1 version and working on a interface where i need to pick file.

I have Header,1,Detail,*,Trailer,1 structure but while picking file, there is only trailer data is coming where as my configuration seems absolutely fine.

Can anybody please suggest what is going wrong with this...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your details are not enough to predict the problem. But I want you to check fieldNames, keyFieldValues carefully for Header, body fields .  I would recommend you to see this link. Also please rate this blog if you like it.

http://scn.sap.com/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-con...

and see if you have any problem in declaring fields with respect to header, body areas. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Blog was helpful. But i hope am following correct sequence.

I have following content conversion parameters.

Recordset Structure : Header,1,Detail,*,Trailer,1

key filed name : identifier along with following.

Header.fieldNames

Header.fieldFixedLengths

Header.keyFieldValue

Detail.fieldNames

Detail.fieldFixedLengths

Detail.keyFieldValue

Trailer.fieldNames

Trailer.fieldFixedLengths

Trailer.keyFieldValue

ignoreRecordsetName

Header.processFieldNames

Detail.processFieldNames

Trailer.processFieldNames

when i pick up file, only trailer data is showing in message where as i have provided key filed value rightly for header and detail as well.

can you please suggest what am missing....

Former Member
0 Kudos

adding to my above parameters, i have even endseperator parameter as well.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>when i pick up file, only trailer data is showing in message where as i have provided key filed value rightly for header and detail as well.

Just few cents. Are you mapping the source fields header, body, trailer to the target structure right?  Just want to make sure the mapping is done. Your config parameters seems right. Plus you dont see any error in the sender channel, right? If so look at mapping step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did not configured mapping part yet...as i would like to see how file is getting picked up.

just configured sender agreement and having a look how the file got processed and i could see inbound data is having just trailer...i think its not related to mapping part...

Answers (0)