Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Edit code for MSS Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a development track for ESS/MSS SAP Delivered .SCA

1) Should the ESS.SCA and MSS.SCA delivered by SAP be configured in one development track or two different ones ?

2) I can see SAPPCUI_GP_1 and SAP_MSS_1. I should be adding new MSS self Service under SAP_MSS_1, right?

3) To customize an existing MSS Self Service, Copy the object and create a new WDC in SAP_MSS_1 right?

Any hints are welcome.

Cheers,

Dhanz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danz,

1. You should put everything in one track, because there are components which are used in both ESS and MSS

2. I would add new MSS self service in a new DC, in which you add all your "new" applications, but you can also choose to use the SAP_MSS (but this will probably be overwritten in upgrades)

3. Customize existing MSS functionality in the existing applications. These applications are referenced in the portal iviews, so you shouldn't make copies.

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes by customizing I mean create new WDC with some copied functionality of standard WDC which you are customizing. So my making the Iview point to the customised WDC, I can see the customised Iview functionality.

Creating new means create a new WDC under SAP MSS software component of your track.

Hope I got your point right. Please validate above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanz,

Customizing should really be done in the "original" component, because in the components themselves are also references to other original components or iviews.

You could create a new selfservice application in the SAP MSS software component, but I would create a new Software component in your own namespace (just my opinion though, I'm not sure if there are any best practices defined for this).

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

We are on NW 2004 and not NW 2004S, so some of the ESS MSS packages are not in Webdynpro. Still for new core implementations in Webdynpro we can add to the existing development track configured with the SAP ESS/MSS SCA without issues I suppose. Hope it is not a problem ultimately.

Thanks for your prompt help,

Dhanya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanz,

There's a very good document called "NWDI Cookbook for XSS". You can find it attached to note 872892. Regarding your questions, I completely agree with Johan.

Kind regards,

Sigiswald