cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File sizing for inbound file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am running an input FLATfile of size almost equal to 300MB. The file adapter takes forever to read it from the FTP server. I thought XI could support upto 1GB of file size without any issues...Am I wrong or do I need to configure on the integration engine to improve the process..FYI all my messages are of same size and I am reading one recordset at a time ...

-Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Timeout can happen because of mnay reasons.btw where exactly timeout happens in your case ? Is it mapping/delivering?

1) As you mentioned huge message

2) Design approach(mappings used etc)

3) Memory settigns/Hardware sizing- for this refer-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4dc9381e-0a01-0010-c692-f6b...

My personal opinion is to split the file and procedd further.

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

We've uploaded a 260MB file to XI. The failing part is the integration server and not the file adapter. (we are running SP10).

The file adapter can split large messages by using the Recordset and Recordsets per message options. If you set the Recordset to e.g. 10000 lines and the Recordsets per message to 1. The file is splitup into segments of 10000 lines.

You can create a business process that collects the messages (we use a timeout) and process them individualy.

Regards,

Christiaan Schaake.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christiaan,

Could you please give us more details about the solution you mentioned.

I would thank you if you could give some link where we can read more about this type of solution.

We are having problems working with file adapter and files around 15 MB (or less). I'm not quiet sure about where the problem is. Until 9 or 10 MBs all is ok, but over that size the adapter does not respond.

I would appreciate any suggestion or idea.

Thank you very much.

Patricio.

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

If i remember correctly...there is an issue with File adapter when processing large file size messages.

Open an OSS msg with SAP.

What SP are you at ?

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

We are on XI3.0 SP4..Do you think this could be a SP issue?? or do I need to assign queuess for high volume traffic??

-Ken

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I'm not sure whether any of the latest SPs fixed it.

Before opening a msg with SAP for your case, search for any SAP notes related to your scenario.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried a test run of around 30 MB files and the XBT03 queues failed giving an error "SYSFAIL"...I am sure XI can support large messages....may be its the queues... Not sure..

Any ideas guys...

-Ken