cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales area check in quotation creation (VA21)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we process quotations in our system, it does not check the sales area for the customer or the material. Hence we can create a quotation in a sales area for which a customer/material is not registered. No error message is given. This causes problems when creating the order with reference to the quotation because the sales area is copied across.

Is there any way we can get the quotation to check the sales area without putting custom code in to a user exit? In other words, is there some piece of config missing?

Thanks

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go for common distribution channels and common divisions. That may solve ur problem.VOR1 and VOR2.

Mohan

Award points if it adds information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I don't actually want shared divisions - I want the same error message in quotations as I am getting in sales orders.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check doc type config. - 'Item division' checkbox and "check division" rule, for both quotation type & order type. Hopefully it will soleve your problem.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is not with the customer, it is with the material.

My customer is set up in sales area:

Sales org 0100, Dist chl 10, Division 10, as well as 0100/10/25.

The material in question is only created within division 10.

However, I can create the quotation using VA21 in sales area 0100/10/25. This sales area gives me the wrong division for my material. I always assumed that the sales area was checked against the customer and material before being allowed - for example if I process an order in VA01 (without reference to a quotation), and use the same customer and material combination in sales area 0100/10/25, SAP issues message V1370 ("Division 25 in the header deviates from division 10 in the item").

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful answers. I should have said that I had already checked those and we are set up in such a way as our quotation order type is allocated to all sales areas, and table TVTA shows unique divisions (we have only one distribution channel for this sales org anyway) and no shared master data. Sorry - any other suggestions?

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jon,

Could you provide a bit more info on which version you are on,

how do you usually create your quotation ?

On our system partner is checked against sales area when we create quotation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would check also reference distr.chan & division for customer/material defined for your sales area. (check tvta table), if these fields have same value for all your sales areas - means customer/material data is shared between distr.chan/divisions and SAP will check if your customer/material is defined for these reference distr.chan/division only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the document type [quotation] is assigned to specified sales areas.

If not, assign the document to the specific sales area.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if the solution is helpful.