cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Launchpad using IF_FPM_NAVIGATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am building an application using OVP Floorplan Manager and utilizing a Launchpad created using transaction LPD_CUST.  What I would like to do is have some of the applications on the Launchpad built dynamically in the APPCC using code.  I am using IF_FPM_NAVIGATION and have coded the call to method LO_NAVIGATION->ADD_WEBDYNPRO_ABAP( ).  The method is executed successfully with no errors; I can see the new application added to LO_NAVIGATION->MT_TARGETS, however the new application does not render to the Lanchpad; in other words I cannot see it on the screen.

I am not sure if I need to do some form of content area refresh, am maybe adding the application at the wrong place, or need to be on a certain SAP release or SP level; however the method does exist so I assume it should work.  Can you please advise what I might be doing wrong?  Below is an incerpt of some of the code...

*-Get reference to navigation
    clear lv_navigation_key.
    lv_navigation_key-key1 = 'KEY1'.
    lv_navigation_key-key2 = 'KEY2'.
    lo_navigation = me->mo_fpm->get_navigation( lv_navigation_key ).

*-Add WebDynpro ABAP application navigation
        clear: lt_messages, ld_error.

call method lo_navigation->add_webdynpro_abap
          exporting
            is_webdynpro_fields         = ls_webdynpro_fields
            is_additional_parameters = ls_additional_param_wdx
          importing
            et_messages                    = lt_messages
            ev_error                            = ld_error.

I am filling in all applicable structures for LS_WEBDYNPRO_FIELDS and LS_ADDITIONAL_PARAM_WDX before calling LO_NAVIGATION->ADD_WEBDYNPRO_ABAP( ).

Thanks for any feedback.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After getting GET_NAVIGATION refrence into LO_NAVIGATION you should use NAVIGATE method of IF_FPM_NAVIGATION instead of ADD_WEBDYNPRO_ABAP method.

and fill all the required import parameter and structure. Then definitely it will work.

Here is some demo code for your refrence.

CALL METHOD lo_fpm_navigation->navigate

EXPORTING

iv_target_key          = <APPLICATION ID>

it_business_parameters = lt_lpd_parameters. (All the business parameter which is required in your target application )

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen for your input. 

Calling LO_NAVIGATION->NAVIGATE( ) does as I expect and does the physical navigation to the application.  What I am trying to do is update the launchpad and add the new WebDynpro application onto the launchpad.  The user will then click the link for the application in the launchpad based on what he or she would like to do; then this will effectively do the NAVIGATE event.

My thinking is maybe I am adding LO_NAVIGATION->ADD_WEBDYNPRO_ABAP( ) at the wrong place within the FPM event loop; maybe you can advise here.

Thanks,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory Wood,

I think you are missing some some fields in importing parameter strucure.

IS_WEBDYNPRO_FIELDS Importing Type FPM_S_WEBDYNPRO.

Make sure that you are filling all the mandatory parameter for example.

WD_NAMESPACE = '/' , SYSTEM_ALIAS = SAP_LocalSystem .

Please refer any of the standard lanuchpad from TC : LPD_CUST..

I think this will help you much more.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta