cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration - BOM not exploded in Sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the example given in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25224    I configured computer.

The Issue is BOM is not exploded in sales order. Price also not determined. I followed exactly whatever mentioned in the example.

I am not quite sure where to start looking into this issue.

Can you help me where to start?

Thanks

Siri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siri -

1.To Explode BOM in Sales order,

• In configuration Profile (CU42)  When you double click on Profile name===Config Parametres=== A. Use Sales Order (SET) instead of Plnd/Prod Order.

B  Use Single Level instead of Multilevel under BOM Explosion

C  Use SD04 Instead of PP01 in BOM Application.

• Make sure to maintain BOM using correct BOM Usage -5 )sales and Distribution)
  • Main material item Category Should have Config Strategy-01,Structure Scope-D and Application -D

2.To Determine Price in Sales order,

• I would prefer to create ZPRICE as new Characteristics and assign it under same class of Computer (VC_CL_PC).In additional tab maintain Table-SDCOM and Field-VKOND
  • Maintain Dependency (Action) of Each Characteristics Value as $self.ZPRICE= 'Charaterstics Value'.(Modem,Memory Card Etc)
  • Maintain Condition record of VA00  for each characteristic Value.

Try this, if it helps.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response. As you suggested, I fixed explode BOM in sales order. But facing difficulty in fixing pricing.

It looks I have problem with item category. I am getting item category TAC for main item(configurable item), and TAE for components.

Since TAE is for text the items, and not relevant for pricing, I think pricing was not calculated.

I have Gen.Item category group and Item category group has 0004. Do you think this is causing issue?

Thanks

Siri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siri -

What about Pricing at Main Item.Did you get component Price for your main item having item category TAC. As per Std SAP you can either determine prices at Main Item Or at BOM level.For Item category TAC,your prices should come at main item level.

If Price is not coming at main item,then there is a problem in defining dependency,Please share your method/example  of defining Dependency for Price.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Actually the char. values were not properly defined in ZPRICE characteristic. After fixing this, it is working fine. Thank you for your help.

Thanks

Siri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

The BOM explosion is not working at sales order for an aVC material in 1909 OP system. The profile is kept as 'SET' - multi-level and requried item category definition and determination is configured. The same configuration works for classical VC though. Is it a limitation in S4H 1909?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Sales to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

G. Lakshmipathi

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the Document most of the Configurations are perfectly Documented.

Apart from this you also need to check your Item Category(structure scope) Configurations and item category group that need to be mapped in the material master.

you also need to check the cs01 records.

hope you are using Variant conditions in your Pricing procedure.

siva