Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please guide in JAVA Stack Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please clarify my following doubts :-

1. How to find current java stack level in solution manager ? Which component, I should consider for this ? 

2. How to download it from SMP (Please provide path in SMP) without using MOPZ?

3. Can it be again revoked through SDM ?

Please guide.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

pls. go here:

You can download the most files on your own.

For some files you have to authorize the files with mopz, solman special or within sap support.

Concerning Java Update you can use JSPM.

Execute JSPM and then you would be able to see your current software versions.

Regards,

Dimitrij

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Usually, if things have been done following the best practices, your Solution Manager Java stack should be on the same stack level as the ABAP stack. This does not mean anything other than: If your Solution Manager ABAP stack is on SPS25, your Java stack generally is on SPS25.

There is no leading component or rule of thumb to tell the stack level of Solution Manager by looking at the Java stack only.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for clarifying my doubts !!

Last question, could please suggest whether SDM (Software Deployment manager) version (like 7.20, 7.10, 6.40) depends upon NW version of the SAP product ? This question came to my mind when I was trying to install SDM in EP server (7.3 EHP1) and I didn't get any SDM version 7.3 .

Please suggest.

Rgds,

NIlutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no SDM from 7.1 onwards.

You only have JSPM.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nilutpal,

JAVA stack upgrade on Solution Manager should NOT be done on its own....  unless you are updating the patch level of an existing component and that is supported by a Note.

You should always upgrade the entire stack, which you can check and download from http://services.sap.com/patches as SP stack.

You should (preferred) use SUM for SPS upgrade.

As Solution Manager 7.1 uses JSPM and even though SDM is used by JSPM at the backend, you should not use SDM to revert any JAVA patches (not recommended by SAP)....

At the very least, ensure you have sufficient backup that you can restore from.

Regards

Deepak