Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SUIM when i check change documents ( for password change and user group change selection).For all the users whose old password is all zeros ( as dispalyed in suim result), It is showing as their user group is also changed. what is the reason

and why is it showing old password as all zeros for these users. can someone help me understand this issue

regards

Narosays

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi northam,

All zeroes indicates the initial password set by the administrator while creating the user. The immedeate new value field indicates the change in password when the user is logged in for the first time ( I mean when the user is logged in for the first time, it would ask you to change the Password). same as the case with User group.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks n Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Santosh ,

Thanks for the information. but when the user changes his password for the first time why is the user group shown as changed.

Regards

Narotham Penda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi narotham,

At the time of creating a user, suppose you enter any value in "User Group For Authority Check" field in Logon Data tab, than the change document report will show as user group changed. Same as the case with password, I mean you type in some value in the Password field at the time of creating user, even this values would also be shown as Changed in change documents report.

Please award points if it useful.

Thanks n Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Santhosh,

Users are not newly created . They are existing users but when their password is changed .In change documents it is showing as their user group is also changed. But this is not happening for all users it is only for those users whose old value( password) is shown as all zeros.

Regards

Narotham Penda

0 Kudos

Hi Northam,

If iam not wrong, when the "old vaue" ( for password) shows 00000000, it means that you are entering password filed for the first time (i.e, at the time of creating a user by user adminstrator). If the "old value" shows any other values other than 000000, it means the password is changed by the logged on user.

Same way, If "old value" (for User Group) is empty and there is some value is "New value" (for User group), it means that user admistrator has entered some value in "User Group For Authority Check" at the time of creating user. In case if the user administrator changes the user group than the "old value & new value" fileds would show the appropriate values

Hope you understand.

Thanks n regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

If it is the new user then the group is also shown as changed with old value as blank. But for some users who are not new users and if their old password is shown as all zeros then it is showing their group as changed.

Regards

Narotham Penda

0 Kudos

Hi Northam,

"But for some users who are not new users and <b>if their old password is shown as all zeros</b> then it is showing their group as changed."

When the old password is all 000000000, it means user has been creted newly, but the user has not logged in yet.

As i said, at the time of cretiang a user, if user adminstrator assign any value in "user group for authority check" field, than the status will be allways shown as Changed.

Just try out creating a user n assigning to a group, and check the change documents for the created user, you would find password changed from 000000--->xxxxx and user group changed to-----xxxxx(what ever you give in user group field).

Thanks n Regards,

Santosh