Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration of project data from one cocode to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need a help on migration strategy of projects. Let me explain you the scenario;

Presently there is only one company code in a system and all the projects  are running in this company code, but  now 3 more cocodes will be created and all running projects in existing cocode will be migrated into new cocodes.Data needs to be migrated to new cocode for each project will be as follow;

1. Original plan cost and plan revenue

2. Actual cost and actual revenue booked as of cut off date

3. All open Reservations and PR

4.Open project stock.

5. Calculated revenue

6. Unbilled revenue

7.Deffered revenue

As projects follow cost based method in RA to calculate POC and hence calculated revenue, UBR and DR are calculated on the basis of this POC.

So please guide that

1. how to migrate actual cost and actual revenue on new projects without any impact in FI but at the same time this actual values should become the part of RA calculation.

2. And how to migrate calculated revenue, UBR and DR calculated as of cut off date on existing project to new projects created in new cocodes.

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Long ago responded. Might be useful to you. You need to have discussion with all your peers who are participating in data migration from one Comp code to another. First discuss the startegy and conclude how to go proceed. Define a road map and assign the responsible person/team.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2123730.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

To migrate costs you can use transaction KB11N it only generates CO document that the RA understand. This is only for primary cost, for secondary osts you can use KB15N

To migrate Revenues you can use transaction KB41N, only generates CO document, not FI.

Calculated revenue and deferred revenue if I am nit wrong will be calculated when you execute RA for the last month you have migrated...

I hope this can be useful,