cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variants after system refresh (APO, process chains)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus!

we just did a system refresh for APO (copied PROD over QA) so we have all the correct customizing and so on.

our problem now is to correct the variants: all variants (tens of process chains for Demand Planning) have production-related systems : Production BI as a target system and Production APO as a callback system, for instance.

there are hundreds of variants and it’s not going to be possible to correct them all manually.

I read in another forum entry that t-code BDLS could do this, but I ran it and my variants still have the wrong systems...

What should we do?

thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!

Hugues

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

WE have had faced same issue, however we have used below mentioned solution.

Please analyze the relevant variants first. If you see obvious issues with them, you need adjust them by executing RSVARDOC_610 program. This needs to be done on selective variants first to make sure there is no adverse impact of this program, and then run the same program against all the variants.

you need to do the following steps:

1.       Pick few variants which are relevant to you.

2.       Compare the same variants with the systems on old version, just to see inconsistencies if any.

3.       Run Program RSVARDOC_610 to adjust the inconsistent variants

4.       Make sure variants are consistent again.

Run RSVCHECK program to generate or get list of obsolete variants.

if still inconsistencies in Variants, then please raise an OSS for it.

Regards,

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hugues,

I have never faced that problem, so I don't have a solution for you.  I watch the Basis people use BDLS one time several years ago, and they decided never to use it again.

I am not a Basis person (who are normally the people who are responsible for refreshes).  After my first refresh, The Basis team and the App people all agreed that it was smarter to duplicate Logical System names in all three instances (Dev, Qual, Prod).  Then, the refresh task becomes simpler.  Re-mapping the Logical Systems to physical servers is much easier than changing thousands of application level objects.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks (again ! not the first time you answer a question I ask ) for your answer.

I talked to the basis people and they don’t like this solution...

means i’m still searching

actually I’m pretty sure there’s a program I rolled for another client that could change the target system and callback system in variants...

Hugues