cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If batch stock is in decimals while doing PGI system is showing error(burning issue)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sap gurus,

this is the burning issue in my company users are facing problem repetitively. please help me out of this.

in my company generally first we create purchase order, with reference to purchase order we create delivery after delivery we create shipment and we will do shipment cost. after shipment cost we will go to shipment document (VT02N) Then we will click on shipment completion if you click on shipment completion system will create PGI and invoice. Here problem we are facing at PGI level. suppose the stock in warehouse is in EA (EACH) but while delivering it will convert into cases. while converting if stock is in decimals example if suppose we have 92 stock is there in warehouse we are selling in cases to customer here 1case = 10 each here while converting it becomes 9.2 cases.so if the batch quantity is in decimals system is showing  error as insufficient stock  available even though the stock is available. here what i need is where do i write program logic to control and what logic do i need to write.please do the needful.

already we have raised this problem to SAP but they will take long time but  user is asking me to give some solution by writing logic somewhere.

Thanks & Regards,

P.Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make use of Quantity proposal field in the batch search startegy type (Path: SPRO -> Logistics->batch management ->batch determination and batch check ->strategy types->define sales and distribution strategy types).  In t.code VOFM, develop a routine with logic to round the batch proposed quantity and assign the routine in the quantity proposal field. This should take care of the issue.

Regards,

(P.S: I remember this was discussed in the forums (in SD, LE and MM forums) in the past, atleast more than once. So advise to search the forum also. )