cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I rename tabs in IDM 7.2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking to be able to rename tabs and reorder things on the user interface. I know that the main tab groups such as manage and toDo I can rename as I want. But if for example I click on the ToDo tab I have varuous columns such as Request Date Operation etc that I might want to change the width of or rename or even remove. If I click on Entry Data below I then get various tabs such as Assignment Information, Request Information etc. I want to rename, reorder or remove these.

The question is where do I find the attributes or parameters that allows me to do this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You should be able to see the Tabs listed out in the attribute list against that task. Have a look at Page 26 of this Document. Notice the handling of Tabs and their corresponding "Default Value/Caption"

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the document. As I said I know how to change those tabs and add and remove columns. What I want to do is rename, remove or move the tabs that appear as part of the approval process additional information. I also want to be able to change the column width according to what I want the column to be.

The tabs I am interested in are ones like:

Assignment Information, Request Information etc which are found under entry data in the approval process under the list of approval requests.

I am using version 7.2 by the way.

Thanks

Richard

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard,

i think you are stuck here.  Those are generated internally.  You might want to go to the IDM Idea place (https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/ideas/sap_netweaver/sap_netweaver_identity_management#/?ideaView...)  and log that as an enhancement.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the UI is based on WebDynpro Java, you can try and personalize it. You can get help from a Portal Consultant if required.

Have a look at "Implicit Personalization" in this article.

Cheers,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you would like to rename tabs, look at the attribute list in the MMC console  You'll see the tab structures there.

If you want to change the columns in the search grid you will need to load in the Search Template from the Import/Export and change the relevant Search task.  Sorry not in front of my system to give you exact settings.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Its the Tabs under the tabs I am interested in. And the column widths. I can delete and add columns but I would like to be able to control the appearance more. Is this part of the Microsoft part of the management console?

Would appreciate any help...

thanks

Richard