Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Listener // processing

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are transferring materials, BOM and planned orders from ERP system to SAP ME through idocs and SAPMEint.

For that we have one Message Listener and 3 processing rules defined where each rule is defined with that one message listener.

With this definition, we can see that messages are processed one by one and there is no parrallel processing.

We would like to do some parrallel processing in order to improve the performance as we are transferring thousands of planned orders every day and it takes around 2 hours to process one bunch of data --> in the current situation we see around 70 idocs processed by minute.

1) is it possible to have parrallel processing for one type of message ? we would like to process more planned orders per minute as it's currently our bottelneck.

2) if option 1 is not possible can we imagine to define several message listener pointing to the same ERP platform and define each processing rule with differente message listener ? would it process different message type in parralel ?

Thanks and regards,

Michaël.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

How many threads (Max Thread Count) do you have defined in NW for the IDoc Listener?  If only one (quite common when in development), you may want to bump it up to 5 or 10 depending on your system and needs.  Make sure you coordinate with the Admins so you do not exceed what the system is capable of (as well as available from ERP).

Option 2 does not work as you would wish.  IDocs will flow to one Listener and ignore the others (this may have changed in 14.0, but I doubt it).

Regards, Mike

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

For our test we set "MaxReaderThreadCount" to 10 (maximum count of listening servers) but we do not have the feeling that it changes something in term of performance --> Are we supposed to see 10 idocs of same message type tu run in // ?

what is the expected behavior with this parameter ?

Regards,

Michaël

0 Kudos

The system should pre-allocate 10 threads to the IDoc Listener.  Unless they have changed the underlying code since 12.1, the Max Count is also the assigned thread count. 

What version of ME are you using?  You may be running into table locking or something along those lines on the ME backend.  As far as troubleshooting that, I would suggest that you contact your NW admin to monitor what is happening after the IDoc is received.

0 Kudos

Mike,

It depends on how the ME-INT content is structured if you can parallel process them which means a couple of scenarios but are mainly content configuration related.  I am not sure on limitations in ME so I will leave it up to you to determine if these scenarios can be implemented against ME properly.  From an MII perspective you have the following options:

1. You can parallel process IDocs that have different names by setting up individual processing rules for the message names and routing them to the processing transaction.
  2. After routing a message to a transaction you can use the "Dynamic Transaction Call" with Asynchronous mode enabled, and call the processor transaction from there.
  3. If you are using Categories you can also setup, in the scheduled processing transaction, the "Dynamic Transaction Call" with Asynchronous mode enabled.

Sam

0 Kudos

Also, as for priority of the thread you are able to assign a higher processing frequency to the different category processing jobs and this will get them through faster.

Sam

Answers (0)