cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to define SPAM Queue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am a SAP Basic beginner and i installed a SAP IDES System 6.0 EHP4.

Now i want to upgrade the system with the latest support packages. The actual package is very low (SP3).

I read, that some packages cant be applied in the same queue. So i asked me what is the best way to define a queue.

Is there any sapnote for this issue?

Best regards,

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Check this link https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/solman-mopz for how to download support patches through solution manager.

What you need to do is goto marketplace, add to download basktet ( list of SP). Then goto solution manager  & approve it. Then only you can download from download basket.

Follow the steps as mentioned in the below picture. It will create the xml file and all the related software package will be added to Download basket.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rajkumar

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

SAP recommends to apply the Support Package Stack (SPS) and not the support packages for some

components. Benefit to apply the SPS is that it takes care of the dependencies also. Otherwise you have to calculate the dependency of the packages manually.

To apply the Support package.

1. Go to transaction SPAM.

2. Display/Define queue

3. Now here you have 2 option.

a) a single component

b) all software component

4. Suppose you choose the all support package. Now you can select the target SP level for all the

package.

5. Calculate Queue.

If the queue is consistent then you are good to go.If not then you need to provide the missing package to define the consistent queue.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i saw the Stacks on

https://service.sap.com/sp-stacks but i see no stack for EHP4. Only for EHP1 or EHP2.

How do i get the Stack for EHP4?!?

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Klaus,

You will need the Solution Manager system to download the stack. Please let me know if the answer was useful.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, i have a Solution Manager System here and i only use it do relase the Support Packages in the download Queue.

How can i download a Stack via Solution Manager?

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will get Stack file through solman workcenter so first for that you have to merge ur EHP4 system in to SOLMAN then create one new transaction and select your system automatically solman will fetch the all related support packs and give stack file.

Thanks,

R@J..