Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open SQL Data Browser - Permission check failed

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I created some DCs (type Dictionary) and used the JPA, in other DCs to access this table (okay so far).

That done, I tried to access the contents of the tables by the "Troubleshooting> Database> Open SQL Data Browser" and got the following error "User is not authorized to read table".

In Security Logs, got the message: "Permission check failed | ACCESS.ERROR | null | | Permission = [(com.sap.sql.itsam.databrowser.permission.DataBrowserPermission ReadTables"

Does anyone know what should I implement for my user (J2EE_ADMIN) can read the contents of these tables using the "Open SQL Data Browser"?

Thanks in advance for any help.

att,

Angelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont know if it is the same as theis help guide.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/f6cdafe45e088be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

or http://scn.sap.com/thread/3303045

Had had the same problem for some SAP PI tables and was able to find some roles I could add and then I got access to the table of interest.

Daniel

sajith_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to NWDS and Create a UME Permission type DC and add the action for the table which you need to get access.

Open the DC in project explorer and open the actions.xml under src folder and add a new action

Once you add the action in DC edit the xml in source tab as below

<BUSINESSSERVICE>

<ACTION

NAME="<Your Action Name>">

<DESCRIPTION

LOCALE="en"

VALUE="Permission to execute all application service operations"/>

<PERMISSION

CLASS="com.sap.sql.itsam.databrowser.permission.DataBrowserPermission"

NAME="ReadTables"

VALUE="<Your Table Name Prefix>_*"/>

</ACTION>

<BUSINESSSERVICE>

Build and deploy this in CE server. Once deployed successful it will create the ume action. Now go to useradmin and assign this action to a custom role. If the user id have this role access it will get access to the tables in SQL data browser.

Also Refer: Creating UME Actions - Integrating Security Functions - SAP Library

Thanks

Sajith