cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd numbered PR00 Price with 50% discount - rounding issue / message F5702

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

There is probably a really obvious answer to this but we can't see it so need some help.

In our SAP Sales system, we are using a copy of the RVAA01 pricing procedure and have condition type PR00 at the top of the procedure, we are using it as our "standard price".

We also have "discount %" conditions (which are based on condition records) in our pricing procedure along with a manual discount % which is keyed in by the end user.

The issue we are seeing is if we have PR00 price that is an odd number, when we apply a 50% discount (applied via a condition record), and the user keys in a manual discount % of 50%, when it comes to billing, the billing document cannot be transferred to accounting due to the following error :

Balance in transaction currency

Message no. F5702

Diagnosis

A balance has occurred in transaction currency 'GBP' with the following details:

Exchange rate '00', amount '             0.01' and currency key 'GBP'.

The data in the transaction currency were transferred from the calling application.

System Response

Your data cannot be processed in FI.

Procedure

The error is probably in the calling application

Example

PR00 price = £383.75

% Discount (condition record) = 50% - £191.88

Manual Discount % = 50% - £191.88

Total discount £383.76 - which is 1p higher than the PR00 price.

Other than ask our pricing team to adjust all our odd PR00 prices by 1p, can anyone suggest any possible solutions ? Has anyone else come across this issue ?

Kind Regards

Clare Lees

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I have now fixed this by applying a routine (created in VOFM) to the Manual Pricing condition in the pricing procedure.

Prior to this point in the pricing procedure the value of the PR00 price is carried across to subtotal field komp-kzwi4 and the "auto" discounts are subtotaled and the value is carried across to a custom kzwi field in komp.

First I check that there is an auto discount, if there is then I add the total value of "auto" discounts to the value of the manual discount.

Next I work out the difference between the total discount (auto + manual) and the PR00 value (komp-kzwi4), if the difference is 0.01 then I adjust the value of the manual discount (xkwert) by 1p.