SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing Student File for status management

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it advisable to add an extra tab page in student file which will have three buttons to change the admission application status such as Waitlisted and Shortlisted for GD/PI and Transfer. Its similar to doing activities on admission applications. In standard admission page, we have 4 action items such as execute admission, reject, withdraw or reverse decision. These actions directly changes the application status accordingly.

Proposed buttons will behave in similar fashion. If I click waitlist button , it will change the application status to waitlist. Waitlist status will be in between application created and approved. Its neither rejected nor admitted. If there is a vacancy because of cancellations, waitlisted students will get the seat in SC.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod, 

are you planning to overwrite the status with new status or are these new intermediate additional statuses..

did you try using the customer status field for this purpose ? (screen shot attached).

Best Regards,

kasi Raaman.R

0 Kudos

Hi Kasi,

In my case student apply with a entrance test score. I call eligible students for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. After this I prepare a ranking list based on preference applicants have provided.

The twist in this is that, I use following status here:

1. Application Fee paid
  2. Shortlisted for GD/PI
  3. GD/PI Fee paid
  4. Rejected for GD/PI
  5. Waitlisted/Selected

etc.

Wait listing functionality works on module booking and I want to use that for program of study.

Before asking an applicant to come to GD/PI ii will check his status whether he has paid the GD/PI fee or not.

To fulfill above requirements I wanted to create new statuses and actions. As per screen shot, if I click Execute Admission, it will change the status of "created" admission application to "Approved". Similarly I want to put another status as "Wait listed" or "GD/PI Fee paid"

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

My suggestion would be use Student Status or Custom Status (I have used it in one of my implementations).

use PPF, that can help you in the checks and validations too.

BR,

Kasi

0 Kudos

It would be great if you could share about PPF. Lets assume that i have created three statuses i.e. application fee paid, GD/PI fee paid and wait listed. How can i assign them to student? What action would trigger them (i mean i need a button or trigger to assign them)? I am sure i have to build a program to change those statuses accordingly.

I beg your pardon for my ignorance in this regard. Please let me know hoe to do it.

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

you could get the cookbook for BRF/PPF from this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80c4cd46-6ba6-2b10-7198-ebb2d0f56...

hope this works for you.

BR,

Kasi