cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption of LAB chemicals against MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

How to show the consumption of LAB chemicals against MIC in QM.

how to map this scenario. Please suggest me, need your valuable inputs.

Correct answer will be rewarded.

Regards,

Bhasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot do what you want to do in SAP without customization (and a significant amount).

You can not actually consume lab chemicals against a specific MIC in an inspection lot.

Most labs expense their chemicals against a general cost center when they receipt them.  Usually they do not track inventory levels.  Or.. they track inventory in the warehouse, but when a bottle is removed from the warehouse, the bottled is expensed against a cost center at that time and removed from inventory. 

If you have a specific requirement, my suggestion might be to create a special internal quality notification and in the notification list consumptions.  During results recording the notification is created and amounts recorded. Than maybe run a program at night to do the inventory moves.  This could be a lot of work for a technician in the lab.

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the PRT functionality?

Please refer following scenario.

1.Add the PRT view for LAB chemical in material master

2.Create an inspection characteristic which should be checked 'test equipment assignment' in control indicator

3.Add the LAB chemical, QTY to PRT data in operation of inspection plan and assign it to the inspection characteristic (in reference data)

Then you can see the PRT data at result recording for this inspection characteristic.

But unfortunately SAP doesn't provide the consumption process for PRT material.

Therefore you need additional GI process using follow-up action of UD or manual MB1A.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

for this you need  not to create any special MIC.

Like other simple Quantitative MIC's ,you can define lower limit as say 0 to upper limit max say 100 ml( for example) .

While doing result recording say your sample size is 1 ,then enter consumption value in individual result tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for reply.

Can  you please elaborate

My requirement is like this, client having MIC and he need to test the MIC’s with lab chemicals. Presently he is issuing chemicals directly to cost center in MB1A movement type 201 to track the cost of chemical consumption.

Now he want to show,Lab chemicals consumption quantity against individual inspection lot. Please suggest me how to map this scenario.

Regards,

bhasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1916608

Check the above threads. If you consume the same material as sample for inspection, you can enter the remaining qty. If you use some other chemicals for lab inspection purpose, then of course, you have to make separate goods posting with MB1A with 201 movement type. You can make this Inspection lot number as reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using 01 Inspection type say for procuring material from outside, then you have option of creating Inspection lot of 01 after Goods receipt. If so, then In stock posting tab in QA11 you have option of consumption against cost center under "to sample usage”.

This is mvt type 331 which is also consumption against cost center from QI stock.

If you do not have Inspection type 01 & GR scenario, then activate 02 inspection type for this material. Whenever you do 201 mvt type, it should create IL of 02 which you can Inspect.

In this way I think you can keep a track of consumption.