Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Adaptor upgrade

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am an abapper and only recently started with PI hence am newbie to this area of SAP and apologise in advance for the general question I am asking.

There is a scheduled upgrade to the PI adaptors. I would like to know what steps I should take to ensure the upgrade is correct and doesn't break anything. Any transactions I can run before and after to check this? In R3 for example we have the SPAU transaction to check changes to modified SAP objects.... is there anything similair in PI.

Also, any ideas how to document this?

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Glen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

can you tell us to which version you going for upgrade i.e PI7.0 to 7.31?

First you have to check what adapters are used in the current project.

According to that you need to check the compatibility of adapters.For this you need to check with SAP if needed.

below link may help you to understand upgrading system to 7.3.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16247

http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2012/01/02/what-is-new-in-sap-netweaver-pi-73-ehp1

http://scn.sap.com/message/10950187

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMO, You don't see impact on adapter upgrade. You might want to check interfaces that uses some adapter module bean configurations to make sure that works. Always there will be some backward compatible things.

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a scheduled upgrade to the PI adapters.

>>You can call it as SAP PI Upgrade instead of "upgrade to the PI adapters", it  will be more precise.

I would like to know what I should take to ensure the upgrade is correct and doesn't break anything.

>>Before installation few key decision making factors are there, documents are available on SCN.

>>Post installation checks are always there with any installation, based on your planned version.

Any transactions I can run before and after to check this? In R3 for example we have the SPAU transaction to check changes to modified SAP objects.... is there anything similair in PI.

>> Its a vast subject than any straight forward one liner.:)

Just for a reference, have a look at this doc.. u will get little idea about post up-gradation checks..

Post installation checks...

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Are you going to upgrade your PI system? personally i have not experienced any issue after upgrading to new PI version.

You need to perform below sanity check tasks

1)Check are you able to access target system from upgraded PI system,sometimes network tweaking required from infrastructure team to access Source and Target systems.

2)Perform Ping test @PI OS level for all IP addresses which are used in PI Adapters.

3)Perform end to end test in dev environment to check connectivity.

Regards,

Raj