Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Product Interchangeability is not working

Hello Experts,

I am trying to setup forward Product Interchangeability scenario in APO. I have stock of 500 at Loc. X for predecessor product A, and stock of 600 at same location for successor product B. There is demand of 1400 for product A on date, which is after the valid from date maintained in IC master data(i.e. if Valid from date is 05th march, and I have demand on 08 march).

When I am running Loc. Heuristic, the system creates 900 Substitution recpt for Product A after consuming 500 stock at Loc X, and Substitution Demand of 900 for Product B, which is the expected outcome. Now, the problem is, system is creating a Production Planned of 900 for Product B, instead of creating Production planned of 300. It is not at all considering the existing stock of Product B. Need your help in understanding why is it happening? Am I missing any setting for master data? I used std planning book 9ASNP_PS and SV PROD_SUBST

Note:- I tried using Full interchangeability scenario but getting the same result.

I also tried running normal heuristic for Product B, in std planning book 9ASNP94 and DV SNP94(1) with IC group in activated condition. Again, in this case also the system did nt respect the existing stock of Product B.

However, If the created IC group is deleted, and normal heuristic is run, the system is considering the stock of Product B, so its only happening if I am creating IC group with Product B as successor.

Any help in this regard would be of great help

Regards,

VP

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question