cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Interchangeability is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to setup forward Product Interchangeability scenario in APO. I have stock of 500 at Loc. X for predecessor product A, and stock of 600 at same location for successor product B. There is demand of 1400 for product A on date, which is after the valid from date maintained in IC master data(i.e. if Valid from date is 05th march, and I have demand on 08 march).

When I am running Loc. Heuristic, the system creates 900 Substitution recpt for Product A after consuming 500 stock at Loc X, and Substitution Demand of 900 for Product B, which is the expected outcome. Now, the problem is, system is creating a Production Planned of 900 for Product B, instead of creating Production planned of 300. It is not at all considering the existing stock of Product B. Need your help in understanding why is it happening? Am I missing any setting for master data? I used std planning book 9ASNP_PS and SV PROD_SUBST

Note:- I tried using Full interchangeability scenario but getting the same result.

I also tried running normal heuristic for Product B, in std planning book 9ASNP94 and DV SNP94(1) with IC group in activated condition. Again, in this case also the system did nt respect the existing stock of Product B.

However, If the created IC group is deleted, and normal heuristic is run, the system is considering the stock of Product B, so its only happening if I am creating IC group with Product B as successor.

Any help in this regard would be of great help

Regards,

VP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ved,

I hope you have set all required pre requisites in system, please recheck the same.

You have activated product interchangeability in SNP Customizing, Maintain Global SNP
Settings
(the SNP: Deact. InC indicator).
  • You have created the master data for running the SNP heuristic or the SNP optimizer and have made the required settings for these planning runs.
  • You have defined the product substitution data in the master data for product interchangeability; that is, you have created an interchangeability group (choose Master Data ®and have assigned this group to your model (choose Master Data ®). Note
    the following:
  • You can choose Supersession Chain or FFF Class as the interchangeability group type for SNP (product discontinuation is created as a supersession chain with only one
    discontinuation step). SNP does not support group type. Nor does it support rules.
  • The interchangeability group always has to be created at the location where there is existing demand.
  • If you wish to run product interchangeability in the background, you have set the Add products from supersession chains in the functions that you use to run the heuristic or the optimizer in the background.All products of a supersession chain are then included in the
    selection and planned.
If you do not set the indicator, the system does transfer the demand to a successor product by creating product substitution orders, but it does not plan the receipt for the successor product.Note that this type of planning does not provide correct results for the entire supply chain, since the system does not plan all products in the supersession chain.
Also have a look at below link for application specific function;
Hope this helps.
Rgds
Sourabh
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your response. I have already maintained all settings you have mentioned, without I would not have got  my subs. demand/recpt. The issue is system is not respecting the stock on hand for the successor product. Also, one more finding is that, the system is throwing expected results on the exact valid from date but it is not respecting stock on hand only after valid from date.

For ex: My valid from date is 25.3.2013, the system is considering the stock on hand for succ product to calc. the production planned, if there is any demand on 25.03. But if my demand is in any other bucket after 25.03, system is not considering the stock on hand as mentioned earlier

Regards,

Ved

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ved,

What is the interchangeability direction you have set, have you made product A fully interchangeable.

also what interchangeability method you have selected here, may be details would help.

I think you would like to check SAP help on this;

By default, first of all, the stock of a product is used to cover the demands for that product. Only after that is it used to cover the demands for the other products in the supersession chain. However, you can use BAdI SAPAPO/SNP_INC_STFW to define that the system is to first pass on the stock to any possible valid subsequent products in the supersession chain before covering the demands for that particular product.

In the case of supersession chains with full interchangeability such as A<->B<->C, C can also be replaced directly by A, for example.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VP,

Could you please let us know as to how were u able to resolve this issue?

Thanks

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained safety stock for successor product?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I have not maintained any safety stock, but I have stock on hand for both the products.