Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of WM module

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i want to activate the WM for existing stock in the system

how do i go about with can any one of u help me with this.

Regards

Sunitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

If you are allready configured WM you only need to extend material for WM by using transection code MM01& then you can transfer the stock in WM.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

once extend the MM.Will the stock automatically at the storage bin level.

Regards

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

This is copyright material and it is illegal to distribute without prior approval from SAP.

Meanwhile you can go throught the warehouse management guide in the following thead.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have u configured and transported to production??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunitha

I have done the similar proposal before, please check out the details below......

Let me tell you....it is not going to be easy to activate WM in existing Plant/Storage location combination which is having the stock being used.

Objective -

Creating 2 new warehouse and mapped with the existing Plant (I030) and storage location (0003 & 0006)

- New warehouse I33 should be assigned to combination - Plant I030 & Storage location 0003

- New warehouse I34 should be assigned to combination - Plant I030 & Storage location 0006

IMPLEMENTATION LOGIC AND FLOW

This is a kind of rollout of new warehouse. We cannot switch on the new warehouse for existing plant & storage location easily since stock management becomes very critical. Good amount of material exist in the existing Plant-Storage location combination which will be allocated with new warehouse.

Lots of preparation needs to be done before we switch on these new warehouses. Specially in terms of stock management. If we activate the warehouse when stock already exists, it may leads stock inconsistency and process related problem since the existing stock was not maintained at warehouse level.

Hence we need to remove the complete stock before we activate new warehouse. Also the stock transfer activities need to be performed mostly when the system is idle (No movements are happening). Most of the activities related to stock movements and warehouse activation needs to be planned during any weekend (Saturday + Sunday) so as to finish all the activities and bring the stock at Warehouse level.

As per the analysis done so far, the activities required to be done are listed below. But since this is a kind of mini project, we may have to add few more activities / Configuration when we start the development and results are not as per expectations.

After analysis I feel following is the steps required to be done.

Steps which needs to be completed before we configure the new warehouse and activate the same -

Step 1 - Create two temporary storage location for plant I030 as given below-

S. N. Plant St. Location Description

1 I030 1003 Temp for 0003

2 I030 1006 Temp for 0006

Step 2 –

Ensure the stock available in storage location 0003 is under unrestricted stock. If needed move the stock from other stock type to unrestricted stock.

Step 3 –

Ensure the stock available in storage location 0006 is under unrestricted stock. If needed move the stock from other stock type to unrestricted stock.

Step 4 –

Transfer all the stock of storage location 0003 to 1003 using movement type 311. Ensure that the stock of any material does not exist in the storage location 0003 with plant I030

Step 5 –

Transfer all the stock of storage location 0006 to 1006 using movement type 311. Ensure that the stock of any material does not exist in the storage location 0006 with plant I030

Configure and activate new warehouse

Step 6 –

Complete the configuration of new warehouse I33 & I34. Activate these warehouse with existing

Plant storage location combination as given below.

S. N. Plant St. Location Warehouse No.

1 I030 0003 I33

2 I030 0006 I34

Steps which needs to be completed after we configure the new warehouse and activate the same -

Step 7 –

Extend the entire material master existing in plant I030 & Storage location 0003 to warehouse I33. Currently approximately 5000 material exist in production system

Step 8 –

Extend the entire material master existing in plant I030 & Storage location 0006 to warehouse I34. Currently approximately 5000 material exist in production system

Step 9 –

Transfer all the stock of storage location 1003 to 0003 using movement type 311. Ensure that the complete stock gets moved and no stock of any material exist in the storage location 1003 with plant I030

Step 10 –

Transfer all the stock of storage location 1006 to 0006 using movement type 311. Ensure that the complete stock gets moved and no stock of any material exist in the storage location 1006 with plant I030

Step 11 –

Above Step 9 & 10 will create the Transfer requirements. Check all the transfer requirements created.

Step 12 –

Create transfer order from all the transfer requirements.

Step 13 –

Confirm all the transfer orders and check the stock exist in warehouse under unrestricted stock.

Step 14 –

Delete the temporary storage location 1003 & 1006 from the plant I030

mdsaidur_rahman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunitha,

Pls go through this link,

http://www.easymarketplace.de/online-pdfs.php

select ware house management

Regards,

Hareesha k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunitha,

Eg Upload the material use mvt type 561

Trx code MB1C mvt type,enter 561

save. Material document create.

Create Transfer order against material doc

Use trx code LT06

Confirm it LT12

Check up the T.O in LT12, see the green light shows confirmed.

Check up the stocks in ls26 or lx02

Regards,

Hareesha k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

Once you will extend the material,you have to transfer stock manually

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sunitha,

Once you check up

spro >enterprise structure>assignment>logistic execution>asssign warehouse no to plant

Let me know wm activated or not .Activated >If activated,i will elabrate

regards,

Hareesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hareesha

i did the config and the wm is activated.

Regards

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunitha,

If you having WM in your storage location or activared ,you can extend the ware house management view's

Use ,Trs code MM50.or MM01

Regards,

Hareesha k

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hareesha,

thanks for the reply

i wanted to who will activate wm foe the existing stok

Regards

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

You have to do the all config settings for Warehouse.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Manish

not yet started with the conif.i want to know how will manage stock which is ready existing

Regards

Sunitha

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you finish up with ur config....extend the material to WM view...

Thanks

Dipak