cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SETC and SETM in creating Network Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am trying to create a project with Network Activities. The issue is, when I am creating Activities (internal) in development system, they are getting created with SETC status (settlement rules are automatically created and hence the status SETC). But, when I am performing the same thing in test system, post creation of an Activity, it is taking me to the create settlement rule screen, wherein the settlement rule is already there with default receiver as WBS element. Hence, the status of the Activity is showing as both SETC & SETM.

Please let me know is there any idea on this behavior.

PS- I have used same Network profile for creation in both systems.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under Settlement Config there is a section "Define Settlement Rule for Network", check those settings.  In particular look at "Define Strategies for Determining Settlement Rules" and make sure the strategy your are using in your network type is configured with Determination Type = 1 automatic generation and teh Default Rule is PS1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

I have checked the same settings and found that the, there are two Determination Types defined for the same Nework strategy.

Thant means, Determination Types both 1 & 2 are defined in the config settings, with Default Rule is PS1.

Does this causing the issue anyways?

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your description the Settlement Rule is getting created automatically properly but the screen is popping up and you have to click through it.  Correct?

try this:

Check the Settlement Profile OKO7 and make sure that WBS receiver is Required and all others are set to Not Allowed.  Make sure Default Object Type is set to WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ken, exactly... the settlement rule is getting created automatically but the screen is popping up.

I have already checked the settlement profile and the setting mentioned by you ae already being set in the profile.

Just to remind, in Development, I m not getting the screen (settlement rule creation) but in Test, I m getting the screen and hence the status SETM in test system.

Any other clues.

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you copying objects or creating new?  What transaction are you using?

Older and newer transactions will act slightly differently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

I m not copying any objects, In fact I m creating projects separately in DEV & Test systems. I am using CJ20N to create project structure.

There is no scope of older & newer transactions as I am using same transaction in 2 different systems of same version of SAP.

Is it something un-usual behaviour of SAP, by anyways?

Thanks,

Sumanth

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member638325
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sumanth, Have you got solution to this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

In addition to above inputs provided by Gokul & Sudhakar, please refer Note 170948 - Status inconsistency in work breakdown structure

Check if it helps you.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs friends...

I have checked all config settings for both projects in both systems and everything found correct, not sure where it is going wrong.

Hence, requested global SAP support team to look into this.

Please pass on if you find anyother useful hints.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Compare your settlement profile and settlement strategy configuration and assignment in both the development client and the test client. Check if there is any difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gokul,

Thanks for your inputs.

Since the project profile & network profile are same for the both the projects in different environment, I dont think so there would be any difference, but still I have checked the same and found there is NO difference among the same.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you run this program "CNSTATUS" using SE38. This program will correct staus inconsistencies in project structure plan.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have yet to run the program as suggested by you, but just wanted to know are there any implications /adverse effects of running this program, if I run it for all projects in my system.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Executing the program will not have any adverse impact as you thougth. Rather it will correct the status inconsistencies if exists in the structure. First try for one project then you can go ahead with all other projects but its not required when there is no dispute noticed.

Try suggestions given by Gokul and Tushar. Check for configuration settings. it can not go wrong with your Quality system unless small deviation from test system. try and check.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member220517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check settings of settlement profile for network type on testing client by using OPSC.

If not maintain it for network type.

Thanks.